Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE Anytime!

Options
  • 04-03-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just logged on to the Revenue.ie Paye anytime and I honestly cannot make head nor tails of it. I wanted to find out if I'm due any tax back... does anyone know if I can see this on this account or do I have to wait for them to get back to Me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Once you are logged in go to the tax credits section and request a balancing statement (P21) for the year in question - you can do it back as far as 05. You won't be told there and then how much (if any) you are due back (and hope you don't owe them !!!!). The balancing statement will be posted out to you (so make sure your contact details are correct) - it may also be sent to your inbox, can't remember for sure. In my experience they are really efficient and any refund is sent quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Thanks a million Havana, yes hopefully I will not owe them anything! Fingers crossed eh!? Thanks for the help! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,285 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I registered for PAYE anytime. I claimed for refuse, union sub etc. Got €150 back from that! not bad. I also got balancing statement for 2007 and got another €150. every penny counts!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Don't forget that you can also claim for medical expenses (but not if you've already claimed them from your health insurer).

You can claim med expenses on the balance you do not get reimbursed from your insurers. So if you spent 200 in the year and got 50 back from your insurer you can claim relief on the 150 balance. You can also claim for your prescription costs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I made my first claim for medical expenses last year and a few days later I got a cheque for €2,500 :eek::D:D. Evidently, I'd been paying too much tax and they refunded the lot without me even asking. Oh and I got another few hundred for the medical expenses. By all means make that claim ;)

Don't often say it about things in ireland but i have to say its a really efficient system. Simple to do and really fast refunds. Credit where its due

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭_Nuno_

I have also used it recently and thought it was quite good. In fact, considering it is operated by the public sector it's extremely efficient. I claimed rent relief for 2008 using it, and after I faxed my P60 I had the money in my account in 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

starflake wrote: »
    I wanted to find out if I'm due any tax back...

You'll still have to know what to claim for, they won't give you many suggestions for what you might want to add in. Common ones are; refuse, medical, health insurance (VHI, etc), permanent health insurance (salary insurance) and rent.

Advertisement