Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal & Pet Issues

Options
  • 04-03-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if this could have a subdivision entitled Animal Welfare. At times it is almost impossible to discuss welfare issues without the hunting, shooting fraternity hijacking threads. The recent post re Fennec foxes is an example.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Hey Discodog,

If you wish to propose a forum the place to do it would be the forums forum (two spots down in Sys from here) - but for suggesting a sub-forum it's usually a good idea to pm the mods of the parent forum first to ask what they think. It's possible that this was discussed before and shot down for whatever reason, and they'd be in the know to let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Thanks. Now is there a forums forums forum ?

If only! Maybe no-one's requested it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Discodog wrote: »
    I wonder if this could have a subdivision entitled Animal Welfare. At times it is almost impossible to discuss welfare issues without the hunting, shooting fraternity hijacking threads. The recent post re Fennec foxes is an example.

Discodog--we`ve been down this road before regarding the hunting fraternity posting in animals/pets.It was agreed to allow the discussion of dealing with vermin as long as its not discussed in a cruel manner.

For what its worth I believe that its helped the forum since the "fluffy bunny lovers" versus the "big bad hunters" is less of an issue than it used to be and I for one welcome the hunting fraternitys input.
    By all means request an Animal Welfare forum but I cant really see the point in another forum being carved up.
    Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hellrazer wrote: »
    By all means request an Animal Welfare forum but I cant really see the point in another forum being carved up.
    Richie.
    Perhaps you need to be a little more sensitive Richie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

seamus wrote: »
    Perhaps you need to be a little more sensitive Richie.

Sorry about the pun.Anyone for some nice rabbit Irish stew??

Advertisement