Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco's Shopping Online

Options
  • 04-03-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

Just did my first shop on line yesterday and it arrived today exactly on time.
    it was worth the five euro for the priviledge.
    I think it may be really handy as it remembers all the regulars things you buy, and you are not tempted to buy things you don't need.

What are other people's experiences of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

queen-mise wrote: »
    Just did my first shop on line yesterday and it arrived today exactly on time.
    it was worth the five euro for the priviledge.
    I think it may be really handy as it remembers all the regulars things you buy, and you are not tempted to buy things you don't need.

What are other people's experiences of this.

We used it regularly. About once a week for a few months when we had twins last year. I found it brilliant. The odd missing item or incorrect item, but always corrected immediately.

Driver had to ring a few times to let us know he is delayed or something but no biggie. Found it very good I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Banrion

Well Ive never been tempted cos I live more or less next door to one.
    But when i move out of this citeee I will probably succumb. I think if youre a busy person then a fiver is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Never again, everything was very close to its best before date. If i was in the shop it would have been left on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I've never ordered from them and had them not get something wrong.
    I've never had them apply the 10 euro off coupons correctly (though they've always refunded me within a week or so). I've gotten so frustrated with their website having incorrect pricing on it, and it's very annoying being able to see their prices creeping up over time by comparing my emails.

But damnit, i'm a lazy lazy man sometimes, and lidl is too far to carry beer home from :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭rcecil

I live in an area in Sligo that delivery doesn't cover and probably wouldn't use it anyway as I like to search the store for specials/clearance not available on the website. Further the Tesco website is not user friendly and there are no pages for store specials. All the other chains at least have their main specials posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The tabs accross the top show you each departments special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I’m somewhat of a reluctant Tesco shopper – having used it a bit I got so frustrated with items so near their best before day (on the day in many cases). I sent them an email recently listing 12 out of 20 food items that were out of date same day (delivery slot 8-10pm) and asked them how they expected me to eat all of them in the two hours left. Got a refund for half them. So tend now to use for big items, andspecial offers e.g. stocking up on dishwasher tablets etc. I also don’t like the way that their delivery staff can comment, for example I have received a ‘so you live on your own then’ (presumably a reference to ready meals!) or ‘are you having a party’ (ordered two bottles of wine one time). Mind you, they’re also smack bang on time, usually nearer the start of their delivery slot and will call if any problem. Also a lot cheaper than my nearest handy Superquinn (but I miss my superscan!)

Advertisement