Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance with best Laser Eye Surgery plan

Options
  • 04-03-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

Has anybody had laser eye surgery through their Healthcare plan? Which company offers the best deal for laser eye surgery? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

15% off with VHI through Blackrock and 30% off with Hibernian Aviva Health through Optical Express. I have no experience of one clinic over the other or net prices.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

broker2008 wrote: »
    15% off with VHI through Blackrock and 30% off with Hibernian Aviva Health through Optical Express. I have no experience of one clinic over the other or net prices.

Hibernian Aviva will pay 30% of the cost with Optical Express. AFAIK Blackrock Clinic will give a 15% discount to VHI members. Optilase will give a €1000 discount to VHI, Quinn, and Hibernian members.

Hibernian used to give €1000 back with Optilase (back when they were Vivas Health) and I had my eyes done on this scheme last August. Couldn't fault Optilase, excellent care and delighted with the results. Hibernian were extremely prompt getting my refund cheque out to me also. Been with them for 3 years and also very happy with the service.

If you're looking for info on Laser Surgery I'd recommend checking out the Eyecare Forum too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I have Vhi and got laser eye surgery done at Optilase. As Toots mentioned, they deduct €1000 off the price before you pay and they give the same discount no matter which health insurance company you're with.

I think Opilase is the best deal going. I probably wouldn't have done it without the €1000 discount. It's been over a month now since the surgery and my vision is excellent. The first week after surgery is a bit of a pain but once you're over that, you're fine. I'm still a little longsighted when my eyes get tired but that's slowly fading away.

Advertisement