Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E71

• 04-03-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi,

I'm getting the nokia E71 on 3 tomorrow just seeing if anyone has advice on what applications I should download to it and what to do to get setup right from start.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

what applications are you looking for, there's loads bundled with it you can download through the download section in the phone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 1sttimebuild

My contacts and email and cal are all run through google whats the best to use to sync with these. I'd use internet radio and I use nimbuzz on pc so i'll hopefully use that on mobile to. its with three so i plan on using skype. Should i download the latest firmware before I do anything else and are there any themes you'd recomend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

My contacts and email and cal are all run through google whats the best to use to sync with these. I'd use internet radio and I use nimbuzz on pc so i'll hopefully use that on mobile to. its with three so i plan on using skype. Should i download the latest firmware before I do anything else and are there any themes you'd recomend

you know if you buy from 3 you will get crappy 3-branded firmware rite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

towel401 wrote: »
    you know if you buy from 3 you will get crappy 3-branded firmware rite?

it's not crap on the e71, mine works like a dream and i've never upgraded the firmware... very light firmware... it's a bonus not an affliction...;)

one thing I can't figure out is how to get the camera flash light to stay on bright so I can use it as a torch, had to borrow a friends k770i last night to look for something....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Hava a good look at www.e71fanatics.com
    Loads of tips, themes, apps, links etc!

Get gmail apps, gmaps, opera mini, skyfire and snaptu(if you use twitter and/or facebook);
    And yeah, in menu go to downloads and see what's there, but careful: not all are freeware! Some are just trial!
    When you set up email, the phone will automatically set up your accounts! If that fails, turn phone into offline mode and try again! The wizard will, obviously, fail to retrieve settings, and then it'll 'allow' you to enter settings manually!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

I just did a spur of the moment impulse purchase lastnight and bought one of these. Omnia isn't great.

Looked at wifi phones on the nokia site and this just caught my eye so purchased sim free. Hope it's worth it as didn't shop around and spent 370 on it.

Hopefully will be here on Monday so let us know how you find it when you get it and the app availability :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

jammer84 wrote: »
    I just did a spur of the moment impulse purchase lastnight and bought one of these. Omnia isn't great.

Looked at wifi phones on the nokia site and this just caught my eye so purchased sim free. Hope it's worth it as didn't shop around and spent 370 on it.

Hopefully will be here on Monday so let us know how you find it when you get it and the app availability :)

You won't regret it!!!
    Great phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

strecker wrote: »
    You won't regret it!!!
    Great phone!

Hope so.

Hate that impulse purchasing though. CC burns a hole in my wallet:eek:

EDIT:
    I'm raging. I just got off the phone from UPS to check on the status of the phone that I purchased on Wed evening. They said I won't expect it until Tuesday at the earliest.

God damn phone site stating they had the phone in stock and then the phone gets shipped from their distributor in the UK. How's that in stock? Since when is a distributors stock "in stock" in your warehouse? If you had a physical shop would you state to a customer that walked in that a product was in stock just cause your distributor had it in stock in another country???? No.

Sorry about the rant but really P****D over this delay.

Advertisement