Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation in UL

Options
  • 04-03-2009 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

mite be comin 2 UL next year nd jus wonderin if ppl cud tell me bout Courtyard, troy, parkville? wat dey like ...wud ya reccomend dem?:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

If I have learned anything it is stay on Campus....

If your living off campus to save money your only kidding yourself... it's not that much cheaper ... infact I'd say that is prob a little more expensive when you add everything in.

If you a first year comin in i would definately say Campus is for you....
    Any of the villages except Killmurry (I'm gonna be lynched for saying it) and Plassy would be the way I'd go if I had to do it all over again!!:cool::cool::cool:

Good luck with the LC..... hope you get what you want!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

bubblezz wrote: »
    mite be comin 2 UL next year nd jus wonderin if ppl cud tell me bout Courtyard, troy, parkville? wat dey like ...wud ya reccomend dem?:D:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=299781

^^^^ Check that thread, it has reviews of a lot of the places around UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

bubblezz wrote: »

With spelling like that you won't be coming here, hopefully.

Looks like your observation skills could do with a brush up as well. Sure you'll be even able to answer the correct questions on the Leaving Cert?:rolleyes:

(what rmacm said)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

klong wrote: »
    With spelling like that you won't be coming here, hopefully.

Looks like your observation skills could do with a brush up as well. Sure you'll be even able to answer the correct questions on the Leaving Cert?:rolleyes:

(what rmacm said)
    Knew someone was going to say it,

And DJCR off campus for 1st year isnt that bad at all, I'm first year living in the courtyard and love it. Especially since I like my comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

1huge1 wrote: »
    Knew someone was going to say it,

And DJCR off campus for 1st year isnt that bad at all, I'm first year living in the courtyard and love it. Especially since I like my comfort.

Yeah thats fine... I've nothing against off campus acc. its just that I think first years should be around other first years... for friend making etc.
    And for the most part they are on campus.

Obviously, off campus STUDENT accomodation is good aswell ..... just further away ie. courtyard, groody, troy etc etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

where an i find info about the off campus student accomadation???
    i really want to live on campus but the finances are short atm so im jus looking 4any info atal bout off campus... is it really that much cheaper?

ya i was going to post in that one but decided to post in this.. any info bout off campus student accomodation??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

accomodation office should have a list of landlord around the college isn't it?

Not sure if the 09 one is out or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

croker1 wrote: »
    ya i was going to post in that one but decided to post in this.. any info bout off campus student accomodation??????
    Well your more than likely going to be looking for a house to live in if your looking for places cheaper than on campus.

Places like courtyard, groody, brookefield, troy etc would all be in or around the same price as campus.

@ Croker, check out plassey, its the cheapest place on campus by a fair bit, you wouldnt be savingt that much by living in a house compared to plassey.

cheers! :D

ya i have had a fair good look at the on campus accomodation already and like plassey and killmurry 4da prices.. money isnt flowin at home tho so i was told try look up off campus places but id much prefer stay on campus.... is there relly much to be saved by going off campus???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

croker1 wrote: »
    cheers! :D

ya i have had a fair good look at the on campus accomodation already and like plassey and killmurry 4da prices.. money isnt flowin at home tho so i was told try look up off campus places but id much prefer stay on campus.... is there relly much to be saved by going off campus???
    it depends.

everything is pointing to rent being lower in the current climate but with student accomodation I dunno.

I know back when I was in UL we got it fine the first year and then the second he upped the rent. That was 2 years ago tho.

We did get the house for 20/pw for the summer tho! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's a sticky on the forum here specifically dedicated to student accommodation and UL (it turned into a general accommodation thread). it's got 137 replies and will answer most of your questions. Post back (preferably there) if it doesn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement