Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paris photos C&C pls if you don't mind

• 04-03-2009 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi
    Just a few photos from Paris in February:
    1)
    D55E0BA81D674127B9B54816C7D65584-800.jpg
    2)
    7F2797D6B84440CC9449696B310DF986-800.jpg
    3)
    509D132D8E8B43D6B83B8F54D5C21317-800.jpg
    4)
    87E6DBCAC25F4D678E86CFC6FD5A7E77-800.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

I like number three the most - hope you don't mind me editing it a little.

I removed a lot of blue from the shot, by adjusting levels in blue channel.

Increased Red a tad and bumped up contrast a little.

Vignette applied also to focus the attention on middle of pic

picture.php?albumid=478&pictureid=2487

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

#1 I like because of the colours & compostion. I don't think any pp has been done on these pics, which is a shame because you could make them more interesting. In this one I would try to enhance the colours more, have them 'popping' out.

#2 I don't really get it. It's half a statue and half a wall... So that's a "neh" for me. Try capturing the entire statue or scene you want to get, if neccessary you can always crop them later.

#3 is interesting. I can see where you were trying to go with it. It just doens't work well I think eventhough the print on the walls & reflections make it interesting. As said before, you can always capture the whole building from a further distance and then play with the format.

#4 As Paul said, the better one of the set. I think a longer exposure would have made it a nicer shot, espcially because the 'dome' (uh, the roofie thingie, don't know the word in English :o) doens't show up properly in the picture. Again, play around with it in pp and see what comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lillajag09

Thanks for your comments. You are right there, no pp. I'm not against it but I want to capture the photos as good as possible. In a way pp is a bit of cheating. I love sculptures, tried a bit myself so perhaps statue photos are boring to others...
    I actually like the strong blue colour, that's pretty much what it looked like and what caught my eye. It was the yellow and blue and the reflections that made me stop and take it. Luckily the rail on the bridge was even enough to lean the camera on.

It's a Nikon D60 that I bought in January so I'm still a DSLR newbie!

Thanks again

ps. which edit program did you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

#1 is nice and a good concept but needs something to give it a lift or a bit of pizazz. It's a bit dull an lifeless.

The subject matter in #2 isn't for me and the verticals are a little off I think so you could possibly improve by straightening (perhaps - depends on what you are going for).

#3 is an interesting idea but its just produced a 'busy' - lots going on and i don't know if it pleases the eye (just my opinion).

#4 is good but i'm wondering if there was a more interesting scene to incorporate the whole bridge. I just think the composition has a bloody big wall smack in the middle of it, which takes away from the nice architecture which is visible. Not a bad take though.

Well done you. Cheers.

Advertisement