Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to act... Need some help :)

Options
  • 05-03-2009 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Not too sure if this is the best place to ask but I am finally thinking about getting up off my ass and starting to learn to act.

I've researched a bit into it. I see that there are many choices ranging from paying a hefty fee to the gaiety with part-time or full time to doing for years with Trinity college.

I dont know which is the best. I've heard some places just love to take your money. But i dont know.

So I am asking here in hopes to get some good advice as the best way to get into acting :)

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ruby Rainbow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Hmmmmmm.....

Sounds interesting ;)

I'm looking at it now.

thanks dude.

any more courses people can suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

Heard good reports about the Abbey School of Music and Drama altho I have no experience of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

If you want you are welcome to come to one of our workshops in the Boards Drama Group. It isn't a professional course and doesn't pretend to be but it is a series of workshops done on an amateur basis working especially on improvisation.
    We are casting for short pieces too at the moment. We meet every Tuesday at 6.45 on Synge st, just off Camden st. Check out our forum for more info or drop me a line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ruby Rainbow

THe course in Sallynoggin is great for beginners and more advanced people, I trained at the Abbey School of Music and Drama its a nice place to test the waters and see if you really want to do this...:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement