Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy a phone that looked like this..

• 05-03-2009 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Back in the good old days there was a phone with a slightly similar design - Siemens Xelibri X4. but it was a bit plain - specs similar to the nokia 5210 i think. I would have expected the shape to catch on but maybe the buttons at the side would put people off.

notboat.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Heh, I thought it was a pic of a speedboat. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I don't think i'd want that anywhere near my nuts, looks a bit dangerous...

did you just draw that now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

did you just draw that now....

no i made it a few years ago only found it while prowling through a bunch of old files

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The buttons around the edge remind me of the Nokia 7600 and just a bit of the Nokia 7210. Not keen on edge buttons. Would you be allowed on a plane with a phone shaped like that? :)

towel401 wrote: »
    no i made it a few years ago only found it while prowling through a bunch of old files

It looks like something Dracula might use, saying that stick an apple badge on it and you've the next big thing...the istab nano:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Amalgam wrote: »
    The buttons around the edge remind me of the Nokia 7600 and just a bit of the Nokia 7210. Not keen on edge buttons. Would you be allowed on a plane with a phone shaped like that? :)

probably. unless it was really that sharp and the power tripper at the security thing was feeling particularly power trippy that day.

this is the original phone though. its clearly for chicks only because of the way it's meant to be worn and has the necklace thing on it which is why i was hoping for more similar shaped phones to be released

X4-99-12.jpg

It looks like something Dracula might use, saying that stick an apple badge on it and you've the next big thing...the istab nano:)

Heh! They'll sell a fortune of them in Limerick... :)

*runs away*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Heh! They'll sell a fortune of them in Limerick... :)

*runs away*

A stab city joke, how relevant

we use guns here now...:rolleyes:

Old habits die hard lad, no offence.

someone had to mention limerick:D

maybe you could make them in the old dell plant towel...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

The keypad is stupid. Bit like the circular keypad Nokia once had. Only lasted for one phone.
    5-nokia-3650-250.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That OP photo looks like something Quark would have in DS9. I'd say no to the phone based on the photo but if I looked more into the specs .. who knows .. might be more interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It's kinda like that king of phones, the WASP T12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jimmyjimster

I wouldn't dare put it in my pocket with a sharpe end like that, could have a nasty accident!, mobile phones should not double up as weapons!

Advertisement