Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life coaching online course

Options
  • 05-03-2009 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Not to sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

I was looking at this Life Coaching Teacher online course >> http://www.cmit.ie/courses-psychology-health-distance-learning/life_coaching_distance_learning.html I compared it to some private college courses and this one seems to be 555euro and private colleges seem to be near 2 grand or what not.

I am just wondering if anyone knows is this course just as accredited?

thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

My guy instinct is that if if was accredited, they'd be shouting about it on the website.
    Saying nothing is generally a bad sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I wouldn't touch it - distance learning for such a course, would set alarm bells off for me, as some practical hands on experience needs to be an integral part of such a course IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Accreditation

* This course is accredited by OCN - a UK National Awarding Body which provides NVQ awards as part of the UK national Education Framework. Following completion of your course assessments you will receive a Certificate in Life Coaching (Level 3) from OCN. In Ireland, this is recognised as roughly the equivalent of a FETAC level 5 award. Click here for Accreditation Details
    * Please note that there is a EUR60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.

Its on the page. That said, I've never heard of CMIT and I'm not sure who they are or what they do, or how well they do it for that matter. Exercise caution.

Advertisement