Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CB Radio

Options
  • 05-03-2009 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Anyone here on CB Radio or used use them before,
    The reason i ask is because CB is after picking up big time around the city.
    Mainly due to the new equipment out there and clearer legal layout.

www.bebo.com/munstercbradio
    http://www.hotelromeo.net/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i have 2 cb's havn't brought em into the city but if they're getting popular then i might bring in the hand-held or install the other one i have. this **** will be more popular now with the impending mobile phone tax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Whats involved start up cost?

what can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Simple enough really -
    Just get a standard 40 channel AM CB - which can be got very cheap online but really you would want to pay 60 plus and might be better getting the CB's which have international DX capability which cost 120 plus secondhand.
    Then you need a CB antenna which you can get dead cheap but normally around 40 euro and basicly thats it.

You can transmit (talk) to anyone who uses a AM cb for any distance between 5 and normally 25 miles but you can get massive increases on that depending. If you are using the more expensive CB with all the features you can talk all over the world.

Some would say you can do all this with phones and internet but with CB there is variation and more enjoyment in challenging yourself to reach new distances and it's also a free method of talking to others.

ebay have a lot of them and also www.audioaddict.ie is worth a look, the buy and sell also.

By the way towel401 - ya its good around the city so you should check it out

Advertisement