Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power to the people

Options
  • 05-03-2009 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

these lads are way out of their depth, listening to them on de radio and tv talkin themselves in circles is laughable. what does it take to be a government minister??? a daddy who was a politician, well my daddy was an electrician but i ain't gonna try rewire your gaff for ya.

how is this country a democracy? the people are treated by idiots although if we continue to meekly vote for this shower then maybe we deserve all we get. the boys who defended the gpo in 1916 must be cryin wherever they are if these are the best so called leaders we can find.

time for a revolution? climb out of yer 4x4s, get ure arse outa the spas and golf clubs and start givin a ****...
    people livin and dyin on de streets, our grandparents are freezin to death afraid to turn on their heatin, kids with disabilities are forgotten by all but their families, dying people are discarded, sick and can't pay ,well **** off this country don't care.
    I'm sick of it and you don't care.....you won't do nothing. i'll stand on my own.
    thought it would make me feel better to blow off some steam but i feel worse, angry and impotent...would we be worse off if the brits still ruled here? sad isn't it to think that.
    I re read Animal Farm by George Orwell last week...prophetic stuff...cowan/harney---napoleon/snowball its spooky.
    I wonder how much a 3 bed house is in manchester:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

We're in a bad situation. Lets work our way out.

I hope you agree with me when I say we need a Government?

Well if this shower aren't our Government then Fine Gael or Labour will be.

They would be just as bad.

It doesnt take "a daddy" to become a politician.

We are paying the price for mistakes made before.

Its not going to be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gazz66

welfare system ain't the best, take into account cost of living and double taxation and thats before the government shaft us again.....I've been self employed for 17 years so when my job goes soon i'm entitled to bugger all...so i'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

li@mo wrote: »

were paying the price for a useless minister for finance who never thought it would ever rain again in Ireland, what do we do, we make him leader of the country...who do we put in charge of the finances then, daddys boy, that's who, the whole things as crooked as a Mr Freeze on a summers day...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I don't think I've ever heard Mary Harney being likened to Leon Trotsky before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I don't think I've ever heard Mary Harney being likened to Leon Trotsky before.

Now I can't get a Stranglers song out of my head dammit! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭TomRooney

gazz66 wrote: »
    these lads are way out of their depth, listening to them on de radio and tv talkin themselves in circles is laughable. what does it take to be a government minister??? a daddy who was a politician, well my daddy was an electrician but i ain't gonna try rewire your gaff for ya.

how is this country a democracy? the people are treated by idiots although if we continue to meekly vote for this shower then maybe we deserve all we get. the boys who defended the gpo in 1916 must be cryin wherever they are if these are the best so called leaders we can find.

time for a revolution? climb out of yer 4x4s, get ure arse outa the spas and golf clubs and start givin a ****...
    people livin and dyin on de streets, our grandparents are freezin to death afraid to turn on their heatin, kids with disabilities are forgotten by all but their families, dying people are discarded, sick and can't pay ,well **** off this country don't care.
    I'm sick of it and you don't care.....you won't do nothing. i'll stand on my own.
    thought it would make me feel better to blow off some steam but i feel worse, angry and impotent...would we be worse off if the brits still ruled here? sad isn't it to think that.
    I re read Animal Farm by George Orwell last week...prophetic stuff...cowan/harney---napoleon/snowball its spooky.

i understand where you are coming from 100 percent, the apathy of most irish people sickens me to the pits of my stomach, the irish attitude is one of "F**k you jack im alright"

it was the actions of a few brave men in 1916 that started the establishment of our nation, and even these great men of ireland where treated with disdain by the locals at the time of the rising, all because people where more worried about there selves than the future generations of our Nation.

the same applies today, you see as long as an irish person has a nice warm house, a nice car and a wage coming in, they have little interest in there nieghbour who may be going hungry, or the old woman lying in a corridor of a hospital dying with no dignity, or the man who cant afford his mortgage and is left homeless with his family, they turn a blind eye to it.

as for Leinster house, they are all the same in that Den of iniquity, they are all profiteering cut throats every last one of them, afraid to stand for the people but they dont mind taking the money of the people.

there is no real opposition in leinster house, Labour FG and FF are the same thing with different names. and they through there control of media and money men, have spread black propaganda over any political entity that may however how small offer an alternative to there political Dynastys and clique politicians.

i for one have no confidence in anybody in Leinster house, i would prefer an average joe of the street with a good sense of justice and good morals to run this country no matter the consequence, than a gang of highly "educated" sqaundering, fat cat, wasters we have there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

li@mo wrote: »
    We're in a bad situation. Lets work our way out.

I hope you agree with me when I say we need a Government?

Well if this shower aren't our Government then Fine Gael or Labour will be.

They would be just as bad.

Its not going to be easy.

part of the problem is that there has not been any change in Government for so long so a change I think would be appropriate (There. I've said it. Brian Cowen has reached sub enda levels of confidence as far as I am concerned).

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭dermob

Agree with most things said here....

one thing i will say though, that this country was F*ucked from the inside long before Brian Cowen took over as taoiseach. It was a problem he inherited, and the recession is a force of nature. Damn all changes can reverse it. Everybody was happy enough when things were supposedly going well, were all the cries of the poverty stricken listened to then????

What is needed is a complete lifestyle change, worldwide. We need to evolve ourselves. Weeks away from armageddon?????......surley we can find a way to get away from banks and their control?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 George1776

Finally someone else gets it..... AMERICA needs to stand up for themselves and make a change....by force or by will, the government will return to an HONEST government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

dermob wrote: »
    one thing i will say though, that this country was F*ucked from the inside long before Brian Cowen took over as taoiseach.
    And who was it that was Minister for Finance during the golden years? He has nobody to blame but himself. I say we lynch him:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Gruffalo

fitz0 wrote: »
    And who was it that was Minister for Finance during the golden years? He has nobody to blame but himself. I say we lynch him:eek:

Yeah ignore Charlie Mcreevy who looked after his friends in the racing industry. One racing tycoon in particular has made multiple millions, tax free, from one horse having sex i.e. blooding fees. All cos Charlie made it tax free.

By no means am I blaming it all on Charlie but it should not all be blamed on Cowen either, nor that smiley, two faced Drumcondra muppet. Everyone of the FF'rs is as bad as the other with their little family dynasties. And I have no faith in any of the others either.

Ireland had one great politician and he died at Christmas. Tony Gregory R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Gruffalo wrote: »
    Yeah ignore Charlie Mcreevy who looked after his friends in the racing industry. One racing tycoon in particular has made multiple millions, tax free, from one horse having sex i.e. blooding fees. All cos Charlie made it tax free.

By no means am I blaming it all on Charlie but it should not all be blamed on Cowen either, nor that smiley, two faced Drumcondra muppet. Everyone of the FF'rs is as bad as the other with their little family dynasties. And I have no faith in any of the others either.

Ireland had one great politician and he died at Christmas. Tony Gregory R.I.P.

our corrupt government gives more prize money to the horse/greyhound industry then it does for special needs kids in schools:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Why is this ****e thread of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Why is this ****e thread of the day?

It's random

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Anyone listen to gerry ryan latley he has his nose so far up the goverments arse its unbelivable

He defends them on nearly everything

Suppose he's in the same boat as them huge wages with no justification

Shock jock my arse !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Anyone listen to gerry ryan latley he has his nose so far up the goverments arse its unbelivable

He defends them on nearly everything

Suppose he's in the same boat as them huge wages with no justification

Shock jock my arse !

Hmm it seems we have our own Bill O'Reilly :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ryan is the unacceptable face of the establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

gazz66 wrote: »

£115,000 3 bedroom mews house for sale in Manchester City Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement