Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows update keeps appearing every day

• 05-03-2009 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

I am using Win XP on my lappy. Everyday there is the update icon saying there is an update to install. Thing is it is the same update every day. I must have installed the same update about 7 or 8 times now.

Any idea as too what is wrong?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the install failed - is it dotnet ?

you could run the windows update manually to see which one and it may give you some instructions on how to workaround this

if it's an add on , you could uninstall it in add/remove programs and do an install of the latest version or download the latest version , disconnect from the interweb and try and install with your antiviurs /security software off

if it's not a security update you could tick the box not to be reminded again

info on which update failed would be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is KB967715 if that makes sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

It's fairly common for this to happen.
    Microsoft has a knowledgebase article about it...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910339

Method 3, downloading the update manually, restarting the computer into Safe mode and running the install is worth a try.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c7dbcde3-7814-47c5-849e-e64ecfb35d74&displaylang=en

Though just to check another possibility, do you restart the computer each day, or just hibernate or suspend? The install might not be allowed while another update is waiting for a restart.

Though the fix itself, allowing autorun to be disabled fully is probably not too important to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I installed it again in safe mode. Seems to have done the trick.

Advertisement