Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel book swap?

• 05-03-2009 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

I went inter railing last summer and I bought Lonely Planets "Europe on a shoestring" it was very handy to have!

If anyone has lonely planets book on Thailand or something similar like South East Asia and would like to swap let me know, as it would save both of us a bit of money(damn recession:D)

Also, if anyone wants to recommend things to do/places to see in thailand im all ears!! Im going for a month in June!(and yes i have trawled through the old threads:p)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

have lp's southeast aisa on a shoestring. want to swap?

also have a vietnamese copy of lp's vietnam, lp's china, rough guide china phrase book, rough guide india and rough guide nepal if anybody wants to swap them either? I have an old rough guide ireland book too!

in return, there's a lp middle east book that i'd like. im all ears to other book offers too!

could also go for south america and or central america on a shoestring if anybody is interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I'm not after any guide books at the moment as I just shelled out nearly €60 on LP's Bolivia and Peru. But swapping them between Boardsies who are heading away for the summer is a great idea :cool:

Buffy- is there any chance we could make this a sticky, could come in handy for the frequent travelers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I've got a Rough Guide to NZ but since I'm stuck in Ireland for the forseeable future, I'd need an Ireland LP or RG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

ive got the lp indonesia, looking for canada!

• Advertisement

I've got a Rough Guide to NZ but since I'm stuck in Ireland for the forseeable future, I'd need an Ireland LP or RG!

I'd be happy to swap for my RG Ireland. It's a bit old though, think its in punts! Let me know if your interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ill have a look what I have at home....I know I have LP Europe on a shoestring, I think i might have Ireland too.

Ill post up what I have and if anyone wants to throw LP Thailand(in particular)/SE Asia my my that would be cool. A sticky would be very handy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Ideo wrote: »
    I'd be happy to swap for my RG Ireland. It's a bit old though, think its in punts! Let me know if your interested

I'm afraid if it's in Punts then it really is too old! :)

I'm afraid if it's in Punts then it really is too old! :)

ah no worries, was chancing my arm really!

bump on the thread in general, would also like tranmongolian/transsiberian railway books if somebody wants to swap!?

Advertisement