Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Cock Up

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Jip wrote: »
    Ha Ha, I was watching the 6.1 news last night and I immediately thought of this thread. They were doing their usual round up of stories from around the country but during it the vt jumped from the middle of one story into the taxi strike story already a couple of seconds in. When it went back to the studio there were a couple of dazed looks but no apologies for the cockup.
    Noticed that as well. It might have slid by me in my dozey state but for someone mentioning that sort of thing as semi commonplace in this thread. They looked a bit confused. They knew. They should have acknowledged the cockup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

I think the best I ever saw was when the news finished that bit early and it skipped onto the weather only to see the winking weatherman Gerald Fleming; fiddling away with the autocue throwing it up into the air and catching it only to hear someone saw we are live, and he faced the camera and with a look of a rabbit caught in flashlights. I met him once and he is a gas fella, really bad teeth though.

Similarly another time the other weather woman Evelyn Cusack sadly proclaimed they could not do the weather as their autocue was broken.

Bosco is bollocks was a gem from the days of zig and zag. With Sky+ such moments should become more readily available on youtube from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Singer73 wrote: »
    Michael Gately,
    Senior Programme Viewer*

What a job! He must have committed quite a heinous crime to become the Senior Programme Viewer. Or maybe he just watches programmes suitable for seniors?

they are basically paid to watch a show.. to check for violence / swearing and so on... big **** up on there part if they dident notice the above...

the news is live so you should let them away with the odd **** up on that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Another cock up from RTÉ.

RTÉ2 on Thursday Morning fecked up Reaper. Delayed by 7 mins so they could show some crappy filler program about cocktails. Net result last 7 mins of Repear were not recorded by Sky Plus. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As someone who watches RTE only for certain sporting events and the odd bit of news I feel I'm missing out on so much. Someone please put together a blooper reel for youtube! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement