Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow offers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Don't have a clue really.
    Think I saw it on the homepage and clicked the link and I decided to post.

I don't have any connections to Carlow and I've only been there twice so I don't have any input but i saw this thread and saw you mentioned Homebase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

well, lo, bob.

HOMEBASE staff discount ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Super-Valu are doing 2 chickens for a fiver and you get a side of bacon free with it, also they are doing 4 pork chops for 3 quid or something and you get free veg with it and i think they are doing a lasagne sauce and mince deal aswell. Completely off the subject, they are selling Duff beer in the off license...its not bad at all.

ho much is the duff?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its not cheap, 2.65 a bottle

• Advertisement

not bad tho for a specialty beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

super-rush wrote: »
    they are selling Duff beer in the off license...its not bad at all.

I've been told is absolute muck. I haven't tried it yet myself so I'll reserve judgement.

Those supervalue offers sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

oops just bought the powerwasher it said not to buy here.. and i went up when the 15% offer was over i am a thick

Swans have €100 off dyson vacuum cleaners when you recycle your old one.

patrickc wrote: »
    oops just bought the powerwasher it said not to buy here.. and i went up when the 15% offer was over i am a thick
    should of given me a shout, got you a better deal! mod only deals! :D

• Advertisement

aynon wrote: »
    should of given me a shout, got you a better deal! mod only deals! :D

i asked you the other day and you said yo couldnt do a deal, am going to change to the rac powerwasher though. bought that a hose and paint, they have 3for2 on selected paints in homebase

patrickc wrote: »
    i asked you the other day and you said yo couldnt do a deal, am going to change to the rac powerwasher though. bought that a hose and paint, they have 3for2 on selected paints in homebase
    was that you?

aynon wrote: »
    was that you?

on this i asked you i'm sure.. anyhow sorry im going off topic so will stop

mod only deals for boardsies!
    ask aynon!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Sam McCauley chemists are doing buy one get one free on berocco & 33% off on some mens gear as well(facewash, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Anyone know if the brothel is doing special offers given the current economic climate?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Don1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the brothel is doing special offers given the current economic climate?!

llet's keep this on the topic of legal special offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

The special days shop has 25% off 2 monthly fragrances of yankee candle.

Homebase have offers, but it sticks in my graw that they still have a 1.50 exchange compared to their sterling prices whereas B&Q are at 1.25 average. - Even their 15% off still meant that B&Q were cheaper.

Same applies to their sister company Argos.

Maybe Aynon could explain this pricing policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Apologies Dan, just thought I'd lighten the mood around budget day! :D

OT, there's bargain bins in Hallford's with loads of stuff going dirt cheap. Some good bike parts and Camel Packs and everything in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

4Homes down in Graiguecullen has a sale on also, I believe a couple of brands of tools they have are selling off cheap. The place doesnt seem to be doing much business and there are a lot of empty shelves, wonder will they bother restocking even?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

If ya's are easter egg hunting superquinn have a 3 for 2 offer. Some places seem to be charging a serious amount for eggs. Make sure to check around

Before Aynon jumps in..........chocolate eggs & not fertilized!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

swans wholesale are 3 for a 5,,,snickers mars,,rolo etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paulfitzg

I have started asking for money off in most places. For example - hardware in bagenalstown (can't think of name) was spending €250 asked for 15% off and got 15% off. Woodies in Dublin yesterday was buying an electris shower, asked for 10% off and got 10% off. I am getting at least 10% off on big value items in a lot of places by just asking. Although, you have to be prepared not to buy if they say no. I got much larger discounts recently on tiles, wooden floors, furniture. I haven't tried this approach in Tecso yet but it would be interesting to see the reaction.

darc wrote: »
    The special days shop has 25% off 2 monthly fragrances of yankee candle.

Homebase have offers, but it sticks in my graw that they still have a 1.50 exchange compared to their sterling prices whereas B&Q are at 1.25 average. - Even their 15% off still meant that B&Q were cheaper.

Same applies to their sister company Argos.

Maybe Aynon could explain this pricing policy?
    explanation:
    homebase have a charge there for safety and b&q dont put that in there and their safety is lacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

paulfitzg wrote: »
    I haven't tried this approach in Tecso yet but it would be interesting to see the reaction.

I would imagine that it would be your last time in that particular Tesco store.

I've tried the whole dictate the price you want to pay thing and have had mixed successes. I find that in some places it works and in others it doesnt. One thing i did find though was that the older the staff member your dealing with the greater the chance you have of obtaining a discount of sorts.

hardware in bagenalstown (can't think of name)

Connolly's Topline Store?

or walsh's homevalue?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paulfitzg

It was Walsh's Homevalue. Generally builders providers give builders a 15% discount and if you ask for the same, sometimes it work. This also worked in Goodwins in Lucan.

With most items I find Walsh's cheaper than Connolly's.

• Advertisement

It was Walsh's Homevalue. Generally builders providers give builders a 15% discount and if you ask for the same, sometimes it work. This also worked in Goodwins in Lucan.

With most items I find Walsh's cheaper than Connolly's.

That's very true i know the ins and outs of both of them hardware stores in Bagenalstown and i would always be biased towards walshes. Their staff is friendlier and helpful and to be honest at least most of the time they know what they are on about and you are not referrred to someone else who refers you to someone else,...etc..

Advertisement