Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomendations for the East Coast?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey, Im in Sydney at the moment and a few of us are thinking of buying a car and heading up the East coast, probably as far as Cairns! What places do you think we should stop at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Nowhere before Byron Bay. Harsh but fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Just stick as close to the coastline as you can. The question will answer itself...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

As said above dont just bomb it up and highway 1. Go along the coast. Also do not stop at Rockhampton. That place is lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

ballooba wrote: »
    Nowhere before Byron Bay. Harsh but fair.

Seal Rocks is about 3 and a half hours north of sydney and well worth checking out for the snorkling alone. Very nice beach as well that not many tourists know about.

If you're looking to dive with sharks then South West Rocks is about another 3 hours north of that.

Unless you're into the whole backpacking scene, I'd avoid Byron Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Theres a 3 day canoeing-camping trip in Noosa that costs just $70ish,meals included. Heard about it after I left but defo worth doing.Gets booked out quick so maybe a bit of research you can find it. Frazer Island and the Whitsundays are the best two things on the east coast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i would be very interested in peoples expierences on this also as i am also thinking of doing the same in a few weeks time and to be honest i dont know much about the east coast .
    what i did buy was 2 books to gain some kinda info , the first one is 1015 things to see and do in australia , and the other one is the globetrotter travel guide australia , which also includes a pull-out travel map . i purchased them in a book shop in bondi junction. the book shop is half way down a pedestrianised street across from the westfield shopping centre , i dont have the name of the shop so i hope that might be of help.

they were pretty cheap too at 6.99 and 7.99 (dollars)

Advertisement