Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is censorship being introduced into the conspiracy theories forum?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Is censorship being introduced into the conspiracy theories' forum?
    It is being discussed in CT :Forums Opinions thread on the CT forum if the rules of the forum should change so that only proven conspiracy theories' should be discussed there , now take for example something millions of people can observe such as chemtrails , but which can't be readily proven , do you know the moderators are actually trying to decide if things like this can be discussed in the CT forum.
    I think this is a very serious issue being discussed in CT and it looks like censorship is being proposed to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

it wasn't a moderator of the CT forum that proposed that. Actually, the way I read it, it wasn't even proposed that only proven conspiracy theories be discussed. Here's the post:
    Some posters post utter crap without a shred of proof (not even a google vid) and then when questioned refuse to answer.

I think if you aren't prepared to back up claims then you should loose posting rights for a while.
    That user is proposing that people offer something to substantiate claims they make. Now, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is a matter for the thread that's discussing it rather than here.

The forum moderators asked for opinions on the forum and what should be done with it. The above post is an opinion offered by a user of the forum. To be honest, i think you'd be better off making your case in the thread set up to discuss what people want and don't want from the forum, though, as I've mentioned, you seem to be arguing against something that hasn't been proposed. They're asking for opinions, nothing more nothing less. There is no conspiracy. If you're bringing it to our attention that the thread exists and is discussing the views of CT users on what should be done with their forum, you've done that, cheers.

it's actually very common for new moderators to seek community input on any changes they'd like to see (or feedback on things that are going well or less well). I'd see it as a good thing that the new kids on the block are looking for opinions. You'll probably see quite a few differing opinions on a lot of things in that thread as it ages.

Advertisement