Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of Cheapestelectricals.co.uk?

• 05-03-2009 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Has anyone heard of this site as i came across a link on Amazon uk.

BTW: What does Refurbished mean? as i saw that on Amazon as well.

I'm trying to get a good price on that model as its too dear here.

Thanks for any info, it will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

You'd probably have better luck asking in the requests forum: [Link]

'Non-bargain alerts' in this section annoy people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Email them and ask them what they mean by refuribushed ,it probably means different things for different suppliers.

I just bought a hdd dvd recorder for a company on ebay which was refurbished ,and this is their description of what it means :

This product is classified as refurbished

What exactly does this mean ?
    Customers return products for many reasons: a customer may change his or her mind, not like the product, or have difficulty operating it. Product identified by LuzernTech as 'refurbished' are products that have been returned to retailers within 30 days of purchase.

So how exactly are these product refurbished?
    Every product targeted for reconditioning must pass a thorough examination. Either LuzernTech, or the original equipment manufacturer,(OEM), will perform the reconditioning, returning the products to like-new or almost new condition.

Important point to note
    The items have been tested and are 100% functional. However, they may have minor cosmetic blemishes e.g. small marks or scratches normally associated with brief usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Fnz wrote: »
    You'd probably have better luck asking in the requests forum: [Link]

'Non-bargain alerts' in this section annoy people. :)

Apologies for that, i didnt know which place it should av been in?
    Rooy wrote: »
    Email them and ask them what they mean by refuribushed ,it probably means different things for different suppliers.

I just bought a hdd dvd recorder for a company on ebay which was refurbished ,and this is their description of what it means :

This product is classified as refurbished

What exactly does this mean ?
    Customers return products for many reasons: a customer may change his or her mind, not like the product, or have difficulty operating it. Product identified by LuzernTech as 'refurbished' are products that have been returned to retailers within 30 days of purchase.

So how exactly are these product refurbished?
    Every product targeted for reconditioning must pass a thorough examination. Either LuzernTech, or the original equipment manufacturer,(OEM), will perform the reconditioning, returning the products to like-new or almost new condition.

Important point to note
    The items have been tested and are 100% functional. However, they may have minor cosmetic blemishes e.g. small marks or scratches normally associated with brief usage.

Did you buy off a crowd called Luzerntech, as theyre selling one in that link above for £27.00 & sell to ROI as well.
    As thats a lot cheaper than i was quoted at E129 :eek:

ya ,it was dispatched from Dublin afaik , was about 10 euro for delivery with a courier. It was sold as refurbished but was in perfect condition ,was in original box ,but not in original packaging ,and no manual , they gave me a link to download it.
    Got a Upscaling 250 GB HDD DVD recorder for €120 incl delivery (in ebay auction) which I thought was great price , but you can always buy directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Rooy wrote: »
    ya ,it was dispatched from Dublin afaik , was about 10 euro for delivery with a courier. It was sold as refurbished but was in perfect condition ,was in original box ,but not in original packaging ,and no manual , they gave me a link to download it.
    Got a Upscaling 250 GB HDD DVD recorder for €120 incl delivery (in ebay auction) which I thought was great price , but you can always buy directly.

Was that a lot cheaper than to buy it elsewhere, cos if its possible that i can get something a lot cheaper than i was quoted, but the only thing im weary of is how can they sell it that cheap? as here's the link again.

You say you had it dispatched, do they have a depot in Dublin?

Thanks for any info received. as im very interested but...

• Advertisement

dave_29 wrote: »
    Was that a lot cheaper than to buy it elsewhere, cos if its possible that i can get something a lot cheaper than i was quoted, but the only thing im weary of is how can they sell it that cheap? as here's the link again.

You say you had it dispatched, do they have a depot in Dublin?

Thanks for any info received. as im very interested but...

I think it would be nearly double that in high street.
    On ebay auction it said item location was Dublin,so I guess so ,and it was also cheaper to ship to location in Ireland than UK.

Advertisement