Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Problem - Frequent Connection Drops

Options
  • 05-03-2009 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I finally sent some emails to Digiweb complaining about my Metro service. I'm living in Limerick so my transmitter would be at Woodcock Hill.

Here's part of the email:
    Since about Christmas time, the quality of service I'm receiving is getting worse and worse. We can all appreciate that during peak times with increased contention that speeds can drop. However, I'm experiencing terrible drops in speed (usually about 512K download speed) and frequent complete connection drops.

The connection drops can usually occur 5-10 times in an hour. This makes web surfing difficult and online gaming such as Xbox Live practically impossible. These connection drops are in my opinion, competely unacceptable for a broadband service.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?

According to the Thomson Modem, it loses it's link.

The only things I can think of are:

Dodgy modem
    Dodgy receiver
    Dodgy cable
    Problem with the transmitter (Anyone having problems with Woodcock Hill?)Problem having full line of sight

I did a lot of pings to Google and it is becoming rarely and rarel to achieve a 0% packet loss.

Anyone else have any more to add to this list? Hopefully Digiweb will sort it out.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Dodgy plug top PSUs for Radio or Modem.
    Radio alignment.

Ring and email is the 1st port of call. Why let it go on for 2 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

watty wrote: »
    Dodgy plug top PSUs for Radio or Modem.
    Radio alignment.

Ring and email is the 1st port of call. Why let it go on for 2 months?

Thanks Watty.

I have contacted them so they should be able to sort it out.

I admit I shouldn't have let it go for 2 months. I have been up the walls with work recently (certainly not complaining about that in these times) and it got pushed down the list of priorities.

Hopefully they'll get it sorted out and i can go back to playing games like Left 4 Dead again online!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I was getting that not long ago, I put a call in to tech support and its back to normal for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Same thing for me since xmas its been terrible ive put in over 10 calls to tech support and had 2 service engineers call out. The engineer told me they changed the signals around xmas and it was causing a lot of problems, reset my equipment but after an hour the same thing rang up tech support again and they told me they are refusing to fix it that its up to my if i want to keep paying for the signal or to get it stopped !!!

I need the internet so ive had to go and get a phone line broadband connection installed.

The "new" signal system needs 3dB or more stronger signal for same performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

This has been happening to me since Friday. Is it even worth trying to get it fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

This has been happening to me too recently. It started the day after an outage in my area was restored about two weeks ago. I have been sending emails to support and have been told they made changes to the settings on my modem so I should see how it goes but it has made no difference. I have emailed them again to ask when I an expect the problem to be fixed and whether or not I will receive any compensation for the disruption to my (expensive) service.

Unless you keep ringing and emailling support, they won't realise there is a problem.

Advertisement