Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bombay Chilli (over The Anvil)

Options
  • 05-03-2009 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Folks,

We went for a meal here last night and I have to say that the food was absolutely gorgeous. Place seems spotless, service was great though there were only a couple of tables in there.

I like the other Indian in town too but this just has a much more varied menu and the food really is good. Oh, and the complimentary drinks after helped :D (I have no affiliation to them or anything by the way!!)

They are over the Anvil pub...where the other restaurant used to be and I told them last night they need a banner or something! We only ate there cos we happened to accidentally look up!

I know people are often looking for recommendations for restaurants in town so thought I'd mention it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Thanks for that, I've been meaning to check it out. Might wander down on Sunday.

I have to say though, I was sorry to see The Forge Bistro going. I really enjoyed the food there and I thought the room was really nice.

Have you eaten in The Wilton at all?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

got a large takeaway from there shorty after it opened....

food was lovely.... no complaints from anyone... free delivery... AND free bottle of wine....

thats how you should run a business.....

that being said i have no complains about the other indian either..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Minxie123 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I've been meaning to check it out. Might wander down on Sunday.

I have to say though, I was sorry to see The Forge Bistro going. I really enjoyed the food there and I thought the room was really nice.

Have you eaten in The Wilton at all?

Yep.. I liked the Wilton too though I felt that the last time everything was a bit 'microwave'd' or something.

Like everywhere business is down so maybe they are actually microwaving more, I don't know, but if you haven't tried it I'd say give it a shot.

Yep.. I liked the Wilton too though I felt that the last time everything was a bit 'microwave'd' or something.

Like everywhere business is down so maybe they are actually microwaving more, I don't know, but if you haven't tried it I'd say give it a shot.

I totally agree. Wasn't impressed at all the last time we went. And the couple that own it are a little intense too. Overall not a very comfortable dining experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jakestevens

I have dined at the wilton many times, And the food is always excellent. I have recomended it to alot of people and they all agreed with me.
    Try the Lebonese night on Wednesday and Thursday nights 3 course meal for 21 Euro. Great choice of food can recomend the kebabs or the lamb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Gareth28

I have dined at the wilton many times, And the food is always excellent. I have recomended it to alot of people and they all agreed with me.
    Try the Lebonese night on Wednesday and Thursday nights 3 course meal for 21 Euro. Great choice of food can recomend the kebabs or the lamb.

The Wilton is not a place i would recommend. Horrible food, Service ok. Raw chips, raw everything actually we got. I will definitley not be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Gareth28 wrote: »
    The Wilton is not a place i would recommend. Horrible food, Service ok. Raw chips, raw everything actually we got. I will definitley not be going back.

Agreed, I went there twice, it was awful the first night but i said maybe it was an off night or something so i decided to give it a second chance, but it was worse the 2nd night so i'm not going back...

Also OP, Bombay Chilli is indeed fantastic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

I don't go out to dinner much (I love cooking at weekends) but I've been to the Wilton twice, the second time in the last month. It's the ideal place to bring my dad because he loves "mate n' two veg" type dinners while I love pizza (he also helped finish off the pizza, as well as my dessert, and he's toothpick thin :D). I've really enjoyed the food there both times I was there and will definitely go again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 student1234

What Dish did everone have in the bombay chili?? I recently got a curry, and it tasted like it was straight from a jar in supervalu!! the meat in the starters was very very tough and fatty, i threw most of it in the bin, was tempted to bring it back down to them. The samosa were tastless!, but i like how they cooked their chicken pakoras. One thing i like about deli debhar, is that the chicken is 100% irish, and much better quality. I was'nt impressed at all with the takeaway, but the resturant did look nice, so i will probley give them another go for a sit down, but not until the 3 meals for 2 offer is finished in the Deli Debhar (very good offer!) cant complain about free food! :)

What Dish did everone have in the bombay chili?? I recently got a curry, and it tasted like it was straight from a jar in supervalu!! the meat in the starters was very very tough and fatty, i threw most of it in the bin, was tempted to bring it back down to them. The samosa were tastless!, but i like how they cooked their chicken pakoras. One thing i like about deli debhar, is that the chicken is 100% irish, and much better quality. I was'nt impressed at all with the takeaway, but the resturant did look nice, so i will probley give them another go for a sit down, but not until the 3 meals for 2 offer is finished in the Deli Debhar (very good offer!) cant complain about free food! :)

Yeah, big Deli Dabhar fan here too. Their Balti Chicken is so delicious and the 3 for 2 offer is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Where's the Deli Dabhar situated ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 student1234

port wrote: »
    Where's the Deli Dabhar situated ?

Its on French Church Street (off the square) straight across from The Barrow Lodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stylequeen

Yeah the 3 for 2 meal is a fantasic offer, espically at the moment, they do that offer in the resturant too, or they give free starters. Went for a meal there last weekend, the place is lovely since they done it up, & they now have a shealtered smoking area too!! :) Think ill be sticking too the old indian, the food is always brilliant without fail.. & them stairs in bombay chili would make me very nervous after a few glasses of wine!

Advertisement