Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excuse my ignorance but.....

Options
  • 05-03-2009 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I was wondering if some of you lovely Dublin folk could let me know about an area called 'summerhill' .. is it an estate/road/actual borough of dublin? I've been on google but it doesnt want to tell me :mad: ... i'd be eternally grateful for your information :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I would say it's commonly referred to as a thin strip from Gardner Street to the canal along Summerhill Parade as seen here, it encompasses a few streets in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dublinreject

thank you blue! so its basically one street with houses on?? What is the area like (nice, rough, ghetto lol )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

It would be considered rough enough. Very close to the city center though.

It's an area of a few streets and in the grand scheme of things would have it's fair share of social problems, it's a fairly lawless area of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 pcworldsucks

Dont go into that kip if you value your life.

• Advertisement

wow really that bad? :eek:

...inner city area if you're not that streetwise, a bit windy and you scare easily. It's not that bad, take the usual precautions you would take living in an inner city council area anywhere.

well i currently live in liverpool so.........

Check the place out properly. Visit during the day and night, drive around, get a feel for the area. To some people who are a bit sheltered it would be the equivalent of Bagdad, to others who have a bit of experience of life in inner city areas its fine. Deffo a rough part of town though.

many thanks - i think visiting shall be during daylight then by all account! i hope i find who i need to before sunset !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

I would say if you're not from the area, don't move in there. To be honest it's a tough oul area, and only really the Polish and Chinese live down there (apart from the locals). You could get a flat on Mountjoy Sq, which is the same distance from town but a fair bit safer for not too much more cash.

Oh dear me no! I'm not looking to live there! I'm trying to find someone who lives in that area but have no contact details for them - so i was gonna sorta well....ask around when i got there....not a great idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Oh dear me no! I'm not looking to live there! I'm trying to find someone who lives in that area but have no contact details for them - so i was gonna sorta well....ask around when i got there....not a great idea??

Well, dont walk up to the first Scanda/Air Max combo you see anyway!!
    Try a shop or something, or maybe some oul ones on the street and you should be alright.

well i currently live in liverpool so.........
    Think of a small version of Norris Green.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Think of a small version of Norris Green.

oh sweet jesus! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

I was born on Summerhill many years ago.... long before the term 'inner city' was even thought of.

If dublinreject is looking for someone who was around that area some years ago I might be able to help.

You have private mail Rashers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I lived there for 7 years. Would not recommend it. I didnt have any problems myself but saw enough to make me squirm. Handbag snatches, stolen cars, riots just to name a few. Not sure what its like there there days. There are nicer areas surrounding like fairview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lads I gave you all a rant thread last weekend, you should'a bitched about Summerhill then!..

You missed your chance, hard luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement