Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor, Three or O2?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hey guys,

So I've been with O2 for about 9 years, and the service is great, but they're the most expensive network in Ireland. I have a business account and my monthly bills are usually around €800.

I was thinking of switching to Meteor or Three to make a significant savings, but I've heard stories about bad reception, crappy service, etc - I know this was the case when Meteor first launched; I could never get through to my 085 pals & coverage was rubbish! Can anyone confirm if this is still the case years later? And what about Three?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Wow, 800 a month, switch to o2 release and you'll get all your calls and texts to Irish landlines and mobiles for 99 ex vat a month! That will surely be significant, moreso than meteor or three would be providing you call Irish landlines/mobiles mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

Cool - what about international roaming?

And I have 6 numbers on my account, so switching to the €99 pm package wouldn't help much, as I have to pay a flat fee on each number - its not just 1: my account manager assures me I'm on the best package for each number!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Not sure about int roaming, but you can get packages that give you cheaper calls. Would you be paying 800 euro per number, 6x800 euro:eek:? You can definitely add numbers to it, I'm not sure if it's 99 per number or cheaper though?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Big Wave wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So I've been with O2 for about 9 years, and the service is great, but they're the most expensive network in Ireland. I have a business account and my monthly bills are usually around €800.

I was thinking of switching to Meteor or Three to make a significant savings, but I've heard stories about bad reception, crappy service, etc - I know this was the case when Meteor first launched; I could never get through to my 085 pals & coverage was rubbish! Can anyone confirm if this is still the case years later? And what about Three?

Cheers!

I have been with o2 for a good many years, I was a digifone customer before they changed their brand name. I would agree that they are expensive especially for texts, but they provide a good service. I do not think the Three network is a great service, I have a friend who is with them, she changed from Vodaphone and regrets it. I am also a Meteor customer and find the network good, it is cheaper for calls and Meteor have improved their network vastly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

you need to call o2 and speak to them and tell them that your monthly bill is costing too much in these financial stricken times and something is gonna have to happen , they are telling you that you are on the best tarriff , if you push them on the point that you are gonna move providers , they should make you some kinda offer like extra minutes or extra texts , thats what i found when i was previosly a bill customer , they are not gonna want to loose a customer that spends 800 a month , best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 maxy jazz

o2 are a bunch of pri(ks, good luck dealing with them. you should check out how they deal with people on their forum. the network is ok, but their costs are expensive and customer service is bad.
    also as they hold a monopoly on the iphone they are nothing short of a cartel.
    I had a BB account with them, and I pushed the switch provider gesture, they were happy for me to cancel my contract as oppose to offer any reward. useless I say!

Advertisement