If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursdays Deal - MCD908 Valve Amp System with Ribbon tweeter speakers....Y U M M Y

Options
  • 05-03-2009 10:06am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I will be posting this deal before mid day today.

This is the best quality mini system we have E V E R sold - better than any Onkyo / Denon / Marantz - a real quality serious piece of kit!

To give you an idea of the lack of plastic in this system - it weighs 23KGs!

have a look at the specs here:http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/m/mcd908_05/mcd908_05_pss_eng.pdf

The picture does not do it justice!

We will Post pricing and quantity available before noon,

Thanks Boardies as ever,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/630147/art/philips/mcd908-12-micro-system-dv.html?srcid=867

If you are in a hurry to grab this great system you could order it from Pixmania as above at £477 (approx €550) - but it might be worth waiting a few hours - our Boardies exclusive offer may be a little bit cheaper. :rolleyes:

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ahhhh... already ordered the MCD988.

But the speakers on this look better!

Hmmmm.. decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

I know it's heavy but what would be the delivery cost (to Tipperary) for this?

Thanks,

Jimmy.

Ok Boardies here we go..

MCD908

It's like that hi-fi system when you were a kid that you wanted to buy but could never afford!

It's built like things never are any more.

It weighs over 20 Kilos! (a Denon DM37 weighs 3.8 Kg!!)

It has an amazing V A L V E Amplifier

It has beautiful Serious 3 way Speakers that use neodymiun Ribbon Tweeters.

here is the link to the specs:http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/m/mcd908_12/mcd908_12_pss_eng.pdf

It is a DVD / Tuner FM AM / 2 * 75 Watts juicy piece of kit and we are virtually going to give away 10 of them on a boardies exclusive!

This system is genuinely excellent value at £499 - I will release 10 of them O N L Y at just £129.95 - thereafter we will charge £199.95 for them.

If you are interested please post here to be fair to all Boardies and we will contact you via PM to get your contact details.

I will be away from the PC most of the afternoon so if you don't hear from us until after 6 don't panic!

Bevause of the size of the packaging and the sheer weight of this unit we have to charge £19.99 if you need the item to be shipped - alternatively they can be collected - once you have a confirmed reservation from either Dublin or Belfast.

You will N E V E R get a better deal on a top quality micro system. Full Stop!

Thanks as ever Boardies - we love you!

JohnMc

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

ioll take one please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

John
    I'll take one
    Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Afternoon John I'll take one too please

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

John.......guess what?
    I will take one please.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Steveo1983

Ill Take one of these too

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭White dargo

I will take one please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 thehungrysloth

I'll take one,

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I'll take one

Ritz

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭steof1984

ill take one cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭donnchaw

ill take one too if theres any of the first 10 left

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eamonk

Me too for the first 10 price.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 donas

ill take one please if I'm in time, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Looks like I'm too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭logger

I'll take one @129 if someone backs out. Otherwise will go for the MCD988. Can collect in Dublin store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi guys.

Dave here. Due to the extremely fast response, I have talked John into letting another 10 go at £169.95 as some people missed the boat.

Drop us a reply if you are after Donnchaw on the posting list or if you are someone else who just wants a mega bargain !!!!

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

John/Dave
    Im gonna back out as im lookin for something with opt in. Number 11 just saved 40 bucks.
    Thx Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Aww man,

I was waiting until 12 for this, then had to go to a meeting, just back now and missed the good deal. Darn it anyway.

If anyone else backs out at £129, I will join the queue.

Thanks
    Bazual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I'm going to pray for the 129 pounds Price if they'res any left Please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

joeperry wrote: »
    I'm going to pray for the 129 pounds Price if they'res any left Please?

Hi JoePerry.

Unfortunately you missed the first 10 but if anyone pulls out then we'll keep you in mind. If not, the £169 price is still a mega deal considering that other retailers are selling in excess of £400 !

Cheers

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Feck I wasn't online all day so didn't see this.

I'll join the queue for this @129 if any others back out also.

Boardies,

here are the Boardies who have an MCD908 secured at £129.95 - and believe me - that is a stupid price - one of the best deals I have ever done in 16 years at Richer Sounds.

1. Elainee40
    2. Johndoe77ie
    3. E30i
    4. Rafared
    5. Steveo1983
    6. White dargo
    7. Thehungrysloth
    8. The Ritz
    9. Stef1984
    10. Donnchaw

Honestly these are the only one I can do at £129.95 - as you will see I asked Dave to release another 10 at £169.95 and we will contact the next 10 posters after Donnchaw to offer them one at that price - otherwise we will flog them in The Philips Shop and Belfast at €249.99 / £199.95 and they will fly at that.

Thanks again for all your posts and we really do appreciate the business,

As ever drop me a line to johnmc@richersounds.ie if I can assist in any way.

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

I'll take one at the increased price assuming I don't manage to make it into the top 10.... (pm sent to John)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ZENERGY

hi any chance of sqeeeeezing in to the top ten - if not do you have any without speakers ? please please please :>) welcome to pm me.
    many thanks,
    marcus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Hi John

Thanks for the opportunity to pick up a genuine bargain. I collect this yesterday evening and set it up this morning and I'm delighted with the sound quality at this price.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

:DGreat bargain, we collected it yesterday afternoon, and partner was like WOW, its sounds great and looks great.

Thanks million

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ZENERGY

hi again, the positive feedback is encouraging. i know the system looks great but has anyone been able to compare to the onkyo, denon etc side by side as regards to sound quality as i would be using in the bedroom at low volume. i noticed on the phillips website they mention a wide sonic range but in the pdf manual the frequency response is only 100hz to 16khz which seems narrow. any info etc would be great.
    many thanks , marcus.
    ps. i would like to mention i found richer sounds 15 years ago and have used them ever since, they are always the best :>)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.