If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursdays Deal - MCD908 Valve Amp System with Ribbon tweeter speakers....Y U M M Y

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

just found this thread, ill take one please if I'm in time ;169

thanks

joe

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭White dargo

Got mine delivered this morning a day earlier than Kenny at RS predicted I would ;) Great piece of equipment at the price! Well done all at RS :cool: and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 coillte

Been out of action but I'll take one please if I'm in time ;169 plus postage to Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Got mine today. Super piece of kit. Excellent sound quality. It was a pressie for the wifes birthday and shes well chuffed.

Thanks a mil to kenny, john and the richer sounds crew for excellent service and value.......roll on the next open box sale.:D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Now Rafa,

I know most Hi-fi dealers must have had their brains removed at birth to be involved in this business - but come on now - buying your wife a Hi-fi for her birthday????? Do you think we are all that silly - Just own up to your problem - you are a compulsive tech geek and you have to admit it to get over it.

I think RS Ireland will start a 2 Step programme to assist all you compulsive Hi-fi purchasers to conquer your addiction.

Step 1. Give John Mc A L L your money now.

Step 2. Cured!

My god we A R E brilliant - it's true.

By the way Rafa We are doing a special deal on Irons for mother's day in The Philips Shop if you really want to get yourself killed! ;)

Thanks as ever for the kind comments and warm yourself around those tasty looking valves!

ATB,

John Mc

rafared wrote: »
    Got mine today. Super piece of kit. Excellent sound quality. It was a pressie for the wifes birthday and shes well chuffed.

Thanks a mil to kenny, john and the richer sounds crew for excellent service and value.......roll on the next open box sale.:D

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Are there any of these still available? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi folks

We still have a small amount of these pretty fantastic systems left.

If you'd like to contact me please feel free to do so and I'll look after you.
    - My big boss, John, is a busy bloke and cant look in on his emails as much as he'd like too.

I can be reached on 01 474 0788 or via public or private message.

We are down to the last handful of the MCD908's and once they are gone thats it! no more!

have a good one

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi folks

We still have a small amount of these pretty fantastic systems left.

If you'd like to contact me please feel free to do so and I'll look after you.
    - My big boss, John, is a busy bloke and cant look in on his emails as much as he'd like too.

I can be reached on 01 474 0788 or via public or private message.

We are down to the last handful of the MCD908's and once they are gone thats it! no more!

have a good one

Ash

Hi Ash

What price are these systems available for at the moment? Are there still some for £169? :p

Thanks

Hi folks

We have very few of these left in the Philips Shop - from memory only 5 remain, but will need to check tomorrow morning as at I know 2 are reserved for people.

These are available for €199.99 still a craking bargin considering we were selling them at €499.99 at the begining of the month.

I'm pretty sure John scooped ALL Philips Irelands stock on these and once these are sold through, thats it.

So get yours now.....

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ZENERGY

MCD908 arrived safely and is running in nicely. these are a bargain at any price. very beautiful and great sound. i am using mine just as bedroom hi fi.
    massive thanks for your amazing service and glad i got this instead of the denon dm37.
    best wishes,
    marcus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

johnmc wrote: »
    Now Rafa,

I know most Hi-fi dealers must have had their brains removed at birth to be involved in this business - but come on now - buying your wife a Hi-fi for her birthday????? Do you think we are all that silly - Just own up to your problem - you are a compulsive tech geek and you have to admit it to get over it.

I think RS Ireland will start a 2 Step programme to assist all you compulsive Hi-fi purchasers to conquer your addiction.

Step 1. Give John Mc A L L your money now.

Step 2. Cured!

My god we A R E brilliant - it's true.

By the way Rafa We are doing a special deal on Irons for mother's day in The Philips Shop if you really want to get yourself killed! ;)

Thanks as ever for the kind comments and warm yourself around those tasty looking valves!

ATB,

John Mc

HeHeHe John. An Iron would go down very well.......right on the top of my head Id imagine. :D
    Jokes aside the system is in the kitchen and had gone down a bomb with everyone who sees it including my father in law who has just reserved one with Ash. I think you may end paying me commission before long John;).

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frank11

Can you reserve one for me. I'll collect in the Philips Shop.

Cheers
    Hi folks

We have very few of these left in the Philips Shop - from memory only 5 remain, but will need to check tomorrow morning as at I know 2 are reserved for people.

These are available for €199.99 still a craking bargin considering we were selling them at €499.99 at the begining of the month.

I'm pretty sure John scooped ALL Philips Irelands stock on these and once these are sold through, thats it.

So get yours now.....

Cheers
    Ash

Hi All

Well I'm down to my last one:(
    It's our last one from display,
    Once it's gone thats it.....no more

These were FANTASTIC systems (as I'm sure all who scooped one will agree:)) It's does make me sad that I wont see them again.

I seem to remember someone saying they've put theirs in their kitchen - that sure as hell beats the usual standard of sound quality found in pretty much all kitchens - Nice one!

Guess we'll have to have another route about the Philips warehouse and see what we can gather and offer up.

thanks folks
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 31 coillte

Hi

Received mine yesterday evening & only unpacked it today! Unboxing was an experience worthy of Apple > brilliantly packaged & what an impressive looking piece! I've it on my living room replacing a Bose Ac 5 setup and my TV, HDD/DVD, Wii, VCR & iPod all sound great routed differerent ways into it (I got around the 1 aux input). A full session of Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" put it to work & it passed with flying colors!

Thanks John, Ash & Dave! An absolute bargin and a supurb business to deal with!

Hi folks

No more MCD908's now
    All gone I'm afraid:(

Hope everyone who was quick off the mark and scored one is enjoying them

Try it with the new bond film - that should be fun.

Have a good weekend
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Feck, only seeing this now. I would've bought one :(

Hi Nehaxak

Sorry 'bout that - these hifis didn't hang about my stockroom.
    I wish we could have scored more to sell.

Have you checked out the MCD988?
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/m/mcd988_05/mcd988_05_pss_eng.pdf

we still have a few of these left for €169.99 (normally €499.99) Might be an option?

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Thanks again Ash for reserving my MCD908. I finally got to pick it up this Sat and couldn't be happier. The fit and finish of this Hi-Fi is amazing. The sound is really top class and watching DVDs is excellent too.

Thanks again to you and all the staff at Richer Sounds and the Philips store. I parked my car just around the corner from your store and one of your staff brought it out for me. I couldn't believe the weight of it, there was no way I could carry it back to the car park on my own!

And the free scart cable is also excellent too!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Thanks Ash. Tempting but I'll pass for now, thanks though.

Is your shop the one at the end of Georges ST right on the corner, that had the Harley in the window a while back ?

Hi Nehaxak

Yep that's us alright. (The Harley was a prize in a competition we ran last year)

Call in as we have plenty of tasty stuff to play with

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The Harley was a prize in a competition we ran last year...
    This one, perhaps? Someone with taste posted that ad, anyway! :D

Not your ornery onager

Nope not that one

Ours was a sexy (or menacing) Black

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭White dargo

John or Ash,

Need some help please. I got an MCD908 from you last year. Switched it on today and can't get any sound from it regardless of whether I switch on radio, disc or mp3. I checked the connections and everything is wired up correctly. I also checked the mute button but it's not that. The machine switches on, plays discs, radio station display comes on etc but no sound. I switched it off as usual yesterday evening and nobody would have been at it until I switched it on this morning.

Would appreciate any help or advice you have.

Paul

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear that your having problems with your MCD908.

Well it seems that you've checked the obvious first - cables and mute.
    Have you checked that the speaker connectors are clamped onto the metal wires and not plastic covering?
    From memory this HiFi has a multi strand flat cable connecting both parts of the main unit, is this cable fully seated?

If the answer to the above is yes, then you have a problem.
    As it was purchased in Sept 2009 you are well covered by warranty.

If you can bring all the parts (excluding speakers, speaker cable and remote) into us we'll have it sent to the service centre for you.

Once again, sorry to hear your having problems with it but I reckon this can be serviced pretty quickly.

Regards
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.