Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magic ds cards

Options
  • 05-03-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

ds cards for downloading games for free of thr internet (e.g. TTds,M3ds real/simply ect ect.....)does any one now the difference like witch ones are better for different things and how many games you can fit into a 2GB,4GB,8GB,16GB micro sd card(needed for the 'magic' ds cards):confused:

all i know is that TTds is the only one i know of that can hold more than 4GB micro sd card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Creating a new user to avoid a banning, are we?
    grinbitch.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Rush@)=(~

don't know what ur on about mate:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Welcome to Bansville. Population: you.

http://www.nds-gear.com/they sell a good few of them here

• Advertisement

why are u all talking bout 'bansville' and banning i dont get what ur talking bout:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

in before lock

:D

whats 'in before lock' suppose to mean

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Rush@)=(~ wrote: »
    why are u all talking bout 'bansville' and banning i dont get what ur talking bout:confused:

Its a town. A town you are from.

Ah no, seriously if those things weren't illegal I am surprised it is not allowed to ask about them. Do said cards not have legitimate non-piracy purposes?

what do u mean 'a town u are from' im not from bansville im from kilkenny!
    and im just asking bout these cards cause all my friends either have them or are talking bout them i just want to know 'WHAT' they are exectaly:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Your exact words "downloading games for free off the internet".

I'd say you could work it out. All I am saying is I thought they did have SOME legal use other than piracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rogers4815

Anyway, they aren't illegal if you use them simply for multimedia purposes! (i.e. not downloading games to put on them).
    They can be used for music and the likes aswell! :)

look i dont even have one of these things, and i dont need one i only play my ds bout once a month and i only said 'downloading games for free off the internet' (or at least thats all my friends do) cause im 12yr old and cant think of a better way to phrase it. Not to say that that is what u basicly do isn't aswell as music ect...ect...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

dunnoboutuguyzbutisread.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

There are may different company's that make them, they are in the grey area (bordering on black) of legality.
    You download the ROMs (game files) and put them on the DS card the adapter has firmware to run the ROMs
    The R4 III can hold an 8GB micro DS card.
    Nintendo brought legal charges against the company behind R4, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

They're illegal in the UK and Japan, seized, I don't know who handles it, Police or customs.

Christmas was a.. dodgy time for several popular traders around the London area, big swoop.

I think France are making moves to make it illegal to sell at the moment.

okay i now think these thing are REALLY confusing and odd and a bit pointless but now after all this i still no no more about them then i did when i started this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I looked at these cards before but they all seemed like crap churned out by china. I'd only saw a use for it in piracy so decided not to bother (NDS doesn't exactly have an amazing games range that i can't afford a game or two for it).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement