Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in poker...

Options
  • 05-03-2009 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I've been trying to work out what the best way to go about this would be for a while and have decided to just post and then guage feedback, if there is any I will take it all on board, positive or negative.

I'm a long time reader but infrequent poster to the forum. I think I know the majority of the regulars either personally or from playing at the various events / in town and should be recognised as not a.n. spammer but if there is any problem then mods just let me know.

The bottom line is that because of interest / a background in poker I have been doing a huge amount of work in the online gaming and online poker space, sourcing people for jobs in poker. There are a few positions I am working on at the moment that have particular skillsets and backgrounds that are desireable but the main requirement is someone who has a deep understanding of poker. Typical jobs include customer service, quality assurance, fraud analysis and operations but the issue I have is that while I know there is a huge pool of people out there, most dont put poker or gambling among interests on their CV!

It's no secret that times are quiet, there are plenty of people who are looking for work and the online gaming space is a boom industry that is still hiring and offering competitve salaries and packages for the right people.

The agency I work for are based in town we are working with a number of clients in the gaming space. We are the #1 supplier of staff to the support arm of one of the biggest online poker sites and I would be interested in having a chat with anyone who is looking for work and has a _deep_ understanding of all forms and variations of the game.

The company is based here in Dublin and the requirements are urgent hires for them. If you have any interest or would like to hear more about it please mail info@recruiters.ie with Poker Jobs in the subject line. Include your name and phone number or even a CV if you have one and I will personally get in touch with anyone who applies.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. The motivation behind the post is recognising we have a big poker community here in Dublin and a demand for these people in industry. There just doesn't seem to be much of a vehicle for making the two aware of each other and I'm trying to bridge the gap! Thanks again.

- Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭POKERKING

do you have just one poker company as a client or various poker companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,289 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement