Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

restrictor template plate for bandit

• 05-03-2009 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭

This is a bit if a strange request but would anyone have or know where I could get a restrictor template for a bandit 1200, I have heard that some people have made there own restrictor by using this method. Don't no If this is total BS but I don't see the harm in asking. Would save me a lot of money.

From what I understand about restrictors they are flat piece of sheet metal that act to reduce the size of the inlet. Cant see it being that hard to make if that's all it is, just need a template to determine the size of the inlets.

Any Ideas or am I wasting my time. By the way before anyone says anything about the cert, I'm not interested in it, its not wort the paper its written on.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Brabazone wrote: »
    This is a bit if a strange request but would anyone have or know where I could get a restrictor template for a bandit 1200, I have heard that some people have made there own restrictor by using this method. Don't no If this is total BS but I don't see the harm in asking. Would save me a lot of money.

From what I understand about restrictors they are flat piece of sheet metal that act to reduce the size of the inlet. Cant see it being that hard to make if that's all it is, just need a template to determine the size of the inlets.

Any Ideas or am I wasting my time. By the way before anyone says anything about the cert, I'm not interested in it, its not wort the paper its written on.
    If anyone has a bandit theyve derestricted theyd have the discs you need.

But why are you bothering to restrict the bike at all, without anything to prove its restricted? So if you get stopped you might have the hassle of having it impounded and tested? At the very least get it dyno run so you have a kw printout to produce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Brabazone

It's only for the insurance in case I have an accident.

A bike mechanic is going to give me a letter to say it is installed as long as I put it in, that's why I don't need the cert.

Posted here on boards for one a couple of weeks ago but no one seems to have one, which seems strange because there has to be hundreds of 1200s out there.:confused: Beginning to think that nobody has there bike restricted which is crazy because you would wonder how many of these people are really competent to ride these machines, scary thought.:eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Maybe bandit 12 riders just dont read boards.:)

In my experience, lots of riders dont get restrictions done at all, and if they do, they remove them at home the same day if they can. Its a huge problem, but I think its beginning to change. New riders are getting it done, and I noticed a clampdown on it lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

More to the point, why would you buy a 1200cc Bandit and then restrict it ? Surely insurers are gonna have a laugh, no ?

If you've got one, I suppose it's a moot point but still...

Try Biker.ie or irishbikerforum.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Brabazone

The last bike I had was a zz1100, had it on the road all above board but sold it a few years ago and then let my licence lapse so I have to start back at the beginning again. I like big bikes so got the biggest thing I could insure.

And yes the insurance company is probably p**sing in themselfs laughing but what can you do.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I wouldn't think their is allot of bandit12s restricted in Ireland?
    Try here http://www.banditforum.co.uk/forum/ its a UK forum so they will probably just laugh at you too but worth a shot! :p

Advertisement