Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you tell me if this bband speed is ok for gaming

Options
  • 05-03-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

i dont understand pings ,latency or any of that stuff. what i can tell you is im
    nat 2 and hardwired to a ps3.at times the ping can go as high as 150ms ,is this good or bad.the upload can be erratic also.any help with this would be great.thanks in advance.
    423354429.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

from that test your internet is fine for gaming... pings increase as you are downloading so maybe thats why it increases?

also im not really sure how accurate the speedtest pings are, you could try pingning google in command for example

eg - open cmd and type ping google.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

100-150ms would not be great for games. Some servers will boot you off for that kind of ping. A good ping would be in the order of 50ms. Your upload speed seems a little low too. Were there any downloads happening when you ran that test?

Check the speedtest thread to see what others are getting.

Advertisement