Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use a Nokia N95 on UCD network?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

My mate's iPod touch can get on the internet straight out of the box, so why can't I get my phone working on the network? Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Look for the network settings on the phone and make sure the proxy settings are set to 'automatically detect proxy' or somethin like that.

If that doesn't work then go to the people in the Daedalus building and see if they can sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

my E65 is not working as well but my friends' newer nokia and iphone work well :(never bother go for help from the people of daedalus so i will just stick with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

you have to set the connection settings to

proxy: proxy.ucd.ie

port: 8484

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Jev/N wrote: »
    you have to set the connection settings to

proxy: proxy.ucd.ie

port: 8484

I've tried those on my N82 (same as N95 but better :P) but it still doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Works fine for me on mine! You need to set those settings for each WiFi connection you pick up (there's sometimes multiple connections in the one area)

• Advertisement
Advertisement