Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Sky Sports Generation

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Draupnir wrote: »
    Is there not a possibly that the issue would move from "you are not a real football fan because you don't go to games" to "you are a better football fan now, but you are not as real as me because I have been going longer"?

I'm sure you get a minority of those sort of people in all walks of life, but, as Ciaran said, the gates have trebled at Tallaght. The influx of new faces to Tallaght has been a breath of fresh air and is very exciting. I haven't heard a single supporter say otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yeah it must be annoying to for you to read people giving reasons why they dislike the LoI,

Not annoying at all. And the glory bit is true. I've been going to Ireland games for years and the cyclical attendances tell their own story. Ditto the differential of about 20k+ fans in a single week for champion's league Shels and LOI Shels.

The glory bit wasn't (in this instance) a jibe, just that in recent history of this thread, the yardstick of quality and product being advanced is stuff like Munster and the Premiership. A sporting level that the massive majority of clubs will never attain, and as such, to say that's what all supporters must cherish - and is the only thing that qualifies as 'product' - is symptomatic of people that only support huge clubs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

When did this become a discussion on how to improve the LOI..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

It was a non discussion to begin with, some bitter guy stuck in a time warp decided to rant, I think we took it somewhere a bit more useful and got some good work done.

Advertisement