Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meindl Hiking Boots????

• 05-03-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Meindl Hiking Boots????

Hi guys,

Im looking for new hiking boots at the mo. I do a lot of hillwalking/hiking, at least every 2nd weekend, i would do average 10km on gravel paths, forest paths, rocky scrambling, and general grass/mountainside walking, looking for an all rounder boot.
    Im looking at Meindl Burma Pros, and just wondering has anybody get experience with these boots, or would anyone recommend a similar boot for what im looking for.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

I have no experience with that model, but I have had a pair of Meindl for the last 3 years and done a lot of hiking in them. It´s a great make and particularly good if you have a wide foot. Highly recomend Meindl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Burma Pro's are just what you're looking for to be honest. Have a look at the Meindl Vakuum MFS if you want a slightly lighter boot too.

Got Meindl Island Pros. Took them for a test drive yesterday, 4 hours through bog, snow, rivers, ice, mud etc. They were pretty tough and let in little water (and there was a lot of water out there). But found them murder on the inside/top of my feet (think it's where the first metersal meets the phalange, for the biology minded). Very hard going on, particularly when I got back on tarred road. Not sure will I just get used to it or if there is something I should do like get another insole, or is ther such a thing as a sock with padding at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yorkshire

Got Meindl Island Pros. Took them for a test drive yesterday, 4 hours through bog, snow, rivers, ice, mud etc. They were pretty tough and let in little water (and there was a lot of water out there). But found them murder on the inside/top of my feet (think it's where the first metersal meets the phalange, for the biology minded). Very hard going on, particularly when I got back on tarred road. Not sure will I just get used to it or if there is something I should do like get another insole, or is ther such a thing as a sock with padding at that point.
    I'd demand my money back!

Bought them from a complete cowboy outfit though, I'm just after looking at the tag and they are Neimdls...:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement