Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for the Software Engineers

Options
  • 05-03-2009 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

I recently changed jobs in the last few months, from a software engineer role to what I thought was a similar role, now at interview time I was told x, y and z technologies were used in the product I was to work on but as it turns out none are actually used and that is unlikely to change.
    Aside from that, I am disillusioned with the amount of development I am actually doing. I have barely written 50 lines of code in the few months I have been here, previously in my last job I probably could have averaged that in a week(guessing here just to get my point across). The project has been scaled back in the last month, but this is not really what I signed up for. It's not because I haven't got the skills either.

Don't get wrong I'm glad to have a job, I am just wondering how much other developers are writing? I know it's quality not quantity and all that, but still.

Advertisement