Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone grey screen-battery problem?

• 05-03-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi, have had an iphone for over a year now, 1st gen, running 2.2.1 (the latest firmware, jailbreaked).

In the last few days the phone has started going into a grey screen and becoming totally unresponsive. If I try the reboot procedure it goes to the apple logo (takes a 5 minutes though) and this logo then fades away to a grey screen.

It eventually works if left for a while on a charger, seems to even power back on itself.

It's happened about 4 times now, each requiring an overnight on a charger or USB. Each time the battery icon has indicated at least 50% fill so the battery isn't draining.

Could there be an issue with the battery though, whereby the indicator is saying it's half full but in actual fact the battery is empty?

Anyone any ideas? (I've also reloaded the OS and removed any extra applications that were downloaded from itunes store)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Patrickof wrote: »
    Could there be an issue with the battery though, whereby the indicator is saying it's half full but in actual fact the battery is empty?

That's an odd one, all right. Certainly the battery would be my first suspect.

Try discharging it completely - i.e let it run down so it powers itself off (if you can even do that, I dunno). Then charge it up fully. Repeat this a few times.

I've never heard of that problem.

Then again, I've never heard of any problems with the iPhone. :D

/flamebait

Advertisement