Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC car sales any good for servicing

• 05-03-2009 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I have finally got my BMW 318i and want to get it serviced, I
    have heard that main dealers are very expensive so I am looking
    at alternatives.

I fould theses guys online

www.accarsales.ie

Are they any good, anyone with any experience of them

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yes, I and many BMW owners here use them. I would totally recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

100% the way to go. Very well regarded in BMW circles (roundels?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've never heard a negative review of them on boards TBH, seems all good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Go ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

they sponser e30owners.com...the lads on there swear by them for some top end e30's!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Arguably the best in the country. Have had all the work on my last two BMW's carried out by them and could not fault them. They are based just off the SCR, just past the Mosque/boxing Stadium if you know the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    They are based just off the SCR, just past the Mosque/boxing Stadium if you know the area.

Map here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Excellent garage but remember BMW parts are a complete rip off so it still won't be a cheap service.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

Just had my car in with AC Car Sales... i've had it in with other southside garages beofre and AC were the first garage i've had my car to that correctly identified every fault first time, instead of the usual "well it might be this, and that could be the issue" they were able to tell me straight away exactly what was wrong and exactly what needed replacing. I'd reccommend them to anyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Any idea if they're much cheaper than a main dealer for the 'aul 60Ker? Just Murphy & Gunn are only around the corner, whereas they're a bit of a walk away!

Was with them recently - the lads there were sound, ended up talking to what I think was one of the younger men in the business about E46's for about 20 minutes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yeah I've used them and can't fault them. For an indy, they are in the more expensive range in terms of labour cost but you get what you pay for.

If you're willing though, getting your car serviced up the north by a main dealer would be more than likely even less expensive at the moment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ring AC straight away as they had a big spread in the newspaper the other day offering discounts on BMW servicing including oil changes, inspections etc etc

what work are you looking for?
    is it a complete service, oil change, inspection????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Excellent garage but remember BMW parts are a complete rip off so it still won't be a cheap service.

AC uses OTTO too, unless you want OEM part. You have the choice, just ask them. OTTO being cheaper.
    Some parts are not available after market though, only OEM.

Also join a BMW forum that they sponsor, bmw-driver.net, bavarian etc, you will get 15% off on the labour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

cianclarke wrote: »
    Any idea if they're much cheaper than a main dealer for the 'aul 60Ker? Just Murphy & Gunn are only around the corner, whereas they're a bit of a walk away!

Was with them recently - the lads there were sound, ended up talking to what I think was one of the younger men in the business about E46's for about 20 minutes!!!

Alan (AC himself) is young enough so it might have been the owner you were talking to.

I too wouldn't hesitate to recommend them but get a few quotes from dealers and independents before you decide. Chelmsford motors are also well regarded as BMW indys. Could also depend on what's due. An oil service should only be about €200 from a dealer so if the book is full of dealer stamps so far I wouldn't be breaking that run to save €50/60. Perversely, when my car was due it's last inspection 2, I was quoted a better price by Frank Keane's than AC. Then again, many reckon that you pay top dollar at the dealer for a 2nd year apprentice to work on your car, or less at an indy for an experienced, qualified mechanic.

It's your call really. My €0.02 would be, unless your car is less than 4/5 years old with low miles AND a dealer service history there's no point paying more for a BMW stamp. Down the line, a buyer with the nous to check the service history will likely know who has a good reputation outside the dealer network.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Due to location reasons I switched to Courteney Motors in Ballybough, who were recommended. I shall be going back to AC.
    Very shoddy, no computer reset etc.....

Advertisement