Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running tattoos

Options
  • 05-03-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭

Hi - looking for some advice or bright ideas...

I'm a marathon runner and would like a tattoo that is somehow connected to teh sport. I've googled but there isn't anything that really jumps out. I don't want Olympic rings or to commemorate a specific race location, date or time, although I'd probably want the number 26.2 in there (the number of miles in a marathon).

Any ideas - anyone done anything or seen something that would look good?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

The tattoo is gonna end up on you at the end of the day and will be on you for life. Think about it, a lot. The idea will have to come from you. We can suggest things like wings on your ankles or something but ideally you'd want something of your own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

What kind of style would you lean towards 1st off? Old School / New School / etc.

Apart from that my suggestions initially would be:
    26.2 duracell batteries.
    An imodium tablet with 26.2 stamped on it.
    Greek armour (from the battle of marathon)

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

How about those go faster blurred stripes along the sites (both) of your legs and arms?

Yeah, ok just kidding. But as Will said you're gonna have that on you for life.

Think hard about what you're in to, or what makes you run or what you think about while running. Google some images, draw your own and print em out. If you like the look of em, say, after a month or two then get it permanently!

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Thanks folks :)

I already have one tattoo - a Celtic design on my Delt that I got years ago so I know to take my time and get it done right. Herself is kicking about teh idea of getting her 1st one and that's what got me thinking.

I really like the idea of the greek armour / warrior. It's a lot more subtle than some of teh ideas I had. You could also work in Hermes, the Greek messenger of the gods

hermes2.jpg

He had winged sandals. Really appreciate the input, cracking idea thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

We're here to help. :)

Google up some images of greek armour, you wouldn't be off kilter taking a look at some images from the (movie) 300 for the style of armour and inspiration etc. Put a chunk of research into what you want image-wise (shield / helmet / spear etc) then start thinking about colour or black and grey, then it trekking around studios for ya.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement