Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gday!

Options
  • 05-03-2009 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Right i have no idea where i should start off on this forum so this is it!
    Im 17 living in australia. im looking to head back to ireland for the second time and have been told to sign up to this forum as some people may be able to help me out
    Im thinking of coming across mid 2009 so june july and staying for as long as i can afford or until i get bored/killed.
    If possible i would like to do some part time and or casual work in or around dublin to help with a bit more money to help me get around.
    im also a keen bass player and regard myself as a very quick"play by ear" song learner and some cover band kinda work while im over would be bloody awesome!
    i play punk rock, ska, folk you know the usual
    also play upright bass rockabilly and psychobilly but i dont fancy packing one of them into my suitcase when i head back to ireland!
    any help, advice or links would be exellent
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Hides the silverware.

;)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 J a m e s

I dont get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

This forum is used for taking the piss out of many things.

But you know, get your arse over here and watch the place fall apart. It's actually pretty funny sometimes :D

Welcome to the centre of Ireland. Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello James and welcome to boards. I have moved this thread to the newbies and FAQ section of boards so you can have a look around and familiarise yourself with the many fora that boards has to offer. As above
    Work and Jobs
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10
    Should have plenty of links to help you in your search.

bands and musicians
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=171
    If you want to try to find someone to jam with.
    Good luck and welcome!

J a m e s wrote: »
    I dont get it?
    I was just alluding to the 'convict' status of ye antipodians. Yeah yeah I know, you are not all convicts, some of ye are the offspring of the screws. :p
    Stick around, read the forums then come back to After Hours with your views on our failings. Thats always popular around here. :rolleyes:

OldGoat wrote: »
    I was just alluding to the 'convict' status of ye antipodians. Yeah yeah I know, you are not all convicts, some of ye are the offspring of the screws. :p
    Stick around, read the forums then come back to After Hours with your views on our failings. Thats always popular around here. :rolleyes:

Aha I thought ya might have been.
    All aussies are convicts just like all irish are drunk bearded guys with green hats and gold buckled leather shoes?:D
    I have a bit of irish convict blood in me but most of my family moved out from Ireland and the UK in the 60s.not many convict aussies left and if they are they are all in jail or in a dole line:P

... all irish are drunk bearded guys with green hats and gold buckled leather shoes?:D
    Well my beard is grey but apart from that you got it just right. :)
    I have a bit of irish convict blood in me but most of my family moved out from Ireland and the UK in the 60s.not many convict aussies left and if they are they are all in jail or in a dole line:P
    They would be right at home here.

Enjoy your stay.

\Double checks the silverware

double checks my beer fridge :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement