Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad horn honking going on in Drumcondra

Options
  • 05-03-2009 2:24pm

Anyone know what it's about?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

taxi men are out whining again

Ah I figured. A load of them have started doing the AGGRO tune now. haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Longing for the good ol' days, when they had a closed shop and could rent & sell their plates for outrageous sums of money.

Of course, there's no money in taxi-ing now.

Not sure what this form of protest will achieve though. Good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

trout wrote: »
    Longing for the good ol' days, when they had a closed shop and could rent & sell their plates for outrageous sums of money.

Of course, there's no money in taxi-ing now.

Not sure what this form of protest will achieve though. Good luck to them.
    Exactly,it's the same crowd organising these marches who organised the strikes 7 odd years ago to stop me and 20000 other taxi drivers from getting a licence.
    And your right,there is no money in taxing now which kind of makes a laugh of the statments over all these years that the old boys couldn't make a living.The mad horn honking you heard OP is those same old boys trying to imtimidate those still working and for that reason alone I take no part in their demo's.
    Sorry for the mini rant;)

Advertisement