Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

simple div line, weird in IE6

• 05-03-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

<div style="border: none; background-color: #000000; height: 1px; z-index:20; "></div>

how can i get the above to show as it does on IE 7 / FF?

IE 6 shows it huge, why oh why?
    I dont want to use images

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

<div style="border: none; background-color: #000000; height: 1px; z-index:20; line-height: 0;"> </div>

^ should do it
    Or you could approach it some other way, like using border-bottom on the div or using a <hr>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

font-size:1% should help if line-height doesnt solve it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You might find the above reduces only to a 2px line in one or more browsers.

I was dealing with this recently and had to add content to the DIV for it to reduce to 1px (I used a 'blank' comment).

[HTML]<div style="background-color: red; height: 1px; font-size: 1px; line-height: 1px; padding: 0px"><!-- --></div>[/HTML]

Also, in case the DIV is within a table cell make sure there is no cellspacing/cellpadding in the table/td.

Advertisement