Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need wheels fast!

Options
  • 05-03-2009 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Not necessarily fast wheels but I do need 4 wheels for a BMW 316. Anyone know a good place I can pick em up cheap and fast?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

cheap is http://www.traynors.co.uk/ but they only come to Galway every wednesday. But honestly there are loads of places in Galway city; that place on the headford raod next to argos. there is another place out in liosban industrial estate... Ballinasloe tyre center is cheap, I've been there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Hopefully, for your sake, you're not looking to trade in a dozen breeze blocks?

Anyway, you don't say how old the car is. My first 316 was a '90 & it had steel wheels. I'm sure you could pick up a set of those cheap enough, from a scrappy if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

Sniipe wrote: »
    cheap is http://www.traynors.co.uk/ but they only come to Galway every wednesday. But honestly there are loads of places in Galway city; that place on the headford raod next to argos. there is another place out in liosban industrial estate... Ballinasloe tyre center is cheap, I've been there before.

Hey, thanks for that quick reply mate. You wouldn't know how much they go for roughly?

big b wrote: »
    Hopefully, for your sake, you're not looking to trade in a dozen breeze blocks?

Anyway, you don't say how old the car is. My first 316 was a '90 & it had steel wheels. I'm sure you could pick up a set of those cheap enough, from a scrappy if need be.

Sorry, it's 97. I have these lovely metal alloys on it at the mo that came with the car but they are eroding inside (Apparently) causing the tyres to deflate every few days and need to be replaced. I wonder could I pick up something as purdy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Ah, I see.

Dunno why, but I thought you were getting ready to sell it.

If it's any help, Tigh Neil's garage in Inverin often has good deals on alloys, & he has them in stock too. I don't have his number, but should be easy enough to find.

• Advertisement

big b wrote: »
    Ah, I see.

Dunno why, but I thought you were getting ready to sell it.

If it's any help, Tigh Neil's garage in Inverin often has good deals on alloys, & he has them in stock too. I don't have his number, but should be easy enough to find.

Thats sounds worth checking out. I'll look for the number. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: No sign of that place....

Advertisement