Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place for Boozy Lunch on a Sat in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-03-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Just meeting up with a few friends, and the plan is to have a bite around 3/4pm on Saturday and then figure out how the evening goes. Ideally somewhere around Grafton St as its handy for everyone to get to, not really looking to spend loadsadough, but not going to eat rubbish either. We usually hit that Bistro place behnd Powerscourt, which ticks a lot of boxes for us, but a change would be nice

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

It's not exactly Grafton St but I love Grand Central at O'Connell St / Abbey St. Decent menu, food is usually excellent and it's an all-round nice bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

People are going to start thinking I own this place... but, here goes....

Market bar? The food is bloody great, its cheap and good for sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mynameis..

how bout porterhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Odessa?

Good food, nice cocktails and now some offer of a fiver menu too I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sinnotts down by the side of Stephen's Green shopping centre is very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Hmm - Market Bar sounds tempting as we all smoke, had read in some paper about Odessa and the fiver offer, I think that might be the winner :)

Thanks and any other ideas most welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Just checked, fiver menu in Odessa looks tempting, but not available on a saturday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Market Bar is actually a nice place early in the day too.

Advertisement