Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some clown locked my bike...

Options
  • 05-03-2009 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Well, as the title states, some clown locked his bike to mine last friday night. It's still there. Left threatening notes under his mud guard - to no avail. Presume he was pissed at the time and forgot where he'd locked his bike. Got the Guards out yesterday - useless shower, showed up an hour late with these midge pincers which broke (I kid you not) in the effort at breaking the lock. So my bike's still there, locked to his, rusting to shit as I type.

Anyone know if the Fire Brigade do call outs for this type of nonsense? And if they do, will they charge me? Or do the Corpo do this type of thing?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

post a pic of the lock

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

Dont be lazy get a hacksaw and cut it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

dohc wrote: »
    Dont be lazy get a hacksaw and cut it yourself

Not a chance, same thing happened a mate of mine, he was in the act of hitting the lock with a lump hammer and chisel when he got rushed by two Guardai with those telescopic trungeon thingies

Barname wrote: »
    post a pic of the lock

Standard run-of-the-mill U Lock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dublinreject

new bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The Fire brigade will not remove the lock, they'll tell you to.. you've guessed it, go through the Gardai. Bring 'proof of ownership' and a plentiful supply of identification.. The same thing happened to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Spore wrote: »
    Standard run-of-the-mill U Lock

what diameter?

Barname wrote: »
    what diameter?

Haven't measured it, does it matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Car jack should break it.

Is your own bike locked? Try and have the key with you unless a guard or passer-by accuses you of theft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

This happened to me. I went to a nearby hardwear shop (Talbot st.) and they had a HUGE pincer thing. they kindly let me borrow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Yeah, a bolt cutters will get through it. The scummers put a lenghe of pipe on the handles to get extra leverage. If it's a half decent lock, put one handle on the ground and put your weight on the other handle. Like the videos here:
    http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I can't believe you called the guards! Break that lock yourself!

And if it was me (and I'm not advocating you do this) I would smash that plonkers bike up good.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

Spore wrote: »
    Got the Guards out yesterday - useless shower, showed up an hour late with these midge pincers which broke (I kid you not) in the effort at breaking the lock. So my bike's still there, locked to his, rusting to shit as I type.

Anyone know if the Fire Brigade do call outs for this type of nonsense? And if they do, will they charge me? Or do the Corpo do this type of thing?

Cheers

Jeez - im sure you could have figured that one out without calling the cops - tbh you sound fairly ungrateful - i'm surprised they bothered even showing up at all. I think i would be leaving the Emergency Services to emergencies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

Pay some local knack to remove the offending bike or put a ferrari sticker on it and the little runts will get confused and knick it leaving your bike ready to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Break that lock and you've a free bike :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

If its a U-lock,a hammer will do the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nice tips on how to rob a bike lads!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement