Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype on three

• 05-03-2009 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there

Just got a skype compatible phone.

Is there any way of using this to dial Irish mobiles and landlines

I understand I may have to pay for some kind of number/service I can dial to gain access to these numbers as normally blocked out

Have a large bill and recently lost job so trying to cut bill

Thanks
    Nollaig

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

AFAIK you cannot call Irish landlines or mobiles through the 3 skype client as this would result in lost revenue for 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nollaig123ie

Hi there

Got this from another post( hope poster does not mind me quoting:

"You could look at using something like PrettyMay Call Centre (US $200)to overcome the issue with calls to Irish numbers. Though you would need to have PC running 24/7. I am looking at using it with an 02 Clear Sim (I would need to be inThree/3g coverage area to use Skype) free calls to my SkypeOut landline number, then I can call anywhere in EU with my Skype sub. I did consider using Skypechan on Asterisk box, Pretty May is more intuitive, plus you can share it with family, 3 concurrent call etc."
    Nollaig

Advertisement