Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel help

Options
  • 05-03-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi, this is an embarrassingly simply question, but I'll ask anyway, and thanks for any help.

Similar to the way you can drag '1' down a column to get

Or 'A' to get

A
    B
    C

I'm looking to get

( A )
    ( B )
    ( C )
    ( D )
    etc..

Is this possible? It's just the way my boss likes a certain document formated, BRACKET SPACE LETTER SPACE BRACKET, and I can't figure any short way of doing it...Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

WxfrdJay wrote: »
    Hi, this is an embarrassingly simply question, but I'll ask anyway, and thanks for any help.

Similar to the way you can drag '1' down a column to get

Or 'A' to get

A
    B
    C

I'm looking to get

( A )
    ( B )
    ( C )
    ( D )
    etc..

Is this possible? It's just the way my boss likes a certain document formated, BRACKET SPACE LETTER SPACE BRACKET, and I can't figure any short way of doing it...Any help would be great!

Google is your friend.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Office_Productivity/Office_Suites/MS_Office/Excel/Q_21361514.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

You could use an auto-fill template as in the above link, but if you already have A-Z already defined as an auto-fill, go to format cells, custom format and enter "( "@ ) in the space provided for typing your own custom format. Then you can drag away and the letters should auto fill down with the formatting.

This is probably quicker to do than typing out ( A ), ( B ), ( C ) into a list and populating them into a custom format anyway.

Advertisement