Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused...wondering if I should change plan/carrier?

• 05-03-2009 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I want to upgrade my phone to the new Tocco. I'm currently with 02 on an old plan - active life 150 which gives me 150min & 100 texts and anything that isn't used is rolled over to the next month. This costs about 35euro/month.

I looked back at my usage over the past 4 months and had
    Feb - 253 minutes
    Jan - 62 minutes
    Dec - 53 minutes
    Nov - 293 minutes

texts were only minimal - around 20 a month. What I do more is text internationally, which with 02 is 21c. I think vodafone has the cheapest international texts which are 15c. The most I have ever spent on international texts is 10euro in a month so even then it's not a huge amount.

With the number of minutes I use a month being so variable, I just don't know whether to stick with my current plan and pay the 149 euro to upgrade my phone, or go with one of the plans that are around 50 euro a month and would give me 300 ish minutes/month and the phone for nothing (02) or 49 euro (vodafone) or 79 euro (3)

One advantage for sticking with 02 is the free international webtexts, but I have to be at a computer to take advantage of that and that's not always possible.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    mel.b

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

mel.b wrote: »
    One advantage for sticking with 02 is the free international webtexts, but I have to be at a computer to take advantage of that and that's not always possible.

no you don't :)

http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagemobile.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Hey Sam,

Thanks for that link. I've had a look and just have a quick question as I'm not sure I understand fully.

Does it work, in that I download the cabbagetexter application to my mobile and can therefore send the webtexts from my phone via cabbagetexter?

Cheers,
    Mel.b

Hey Sam,

Thanks for that link. I've had a look and just have a quick question as I'm not sure I understand fully.

Does it work, in that I download the cabbagetexter application to my mobile and can therefore send the webtexts from my phone via cabbagetexter?

Cheers,
    Mel.b

yes you download the application to your phone, enter your phone number, the password you use for the o2 website and select o2 as the network.

then you type a message and to send it it connects to the my website which logs into the o2 website, sends the message, gets the number of messages you have left and tells you :)

it costs about 2c in internet charges but that's better than the international texting price

It doesn't work on all phones though. What type of phone do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Also have a look at www.callcosts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

That's a cool program. I will be definately downloading it.

i currently have a sony ericsson W580i but I want to upgrade to the Samsung Tocco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    yes you download the application to your phone, enter your phone number, the password you use for the o2 website and select o2 as the network.

then you type a message and to send it it connects to the my website which logs into the o2 website, sends the message, gets the number of messages you have left and tells you :)

it costs about 2c in internet charges but that's better than the international texting price

It doesn't work on all phones though. What type of phone do you have?

hmmm. Sounds good.

And what price is this Cabbage application, Sam, eh, what price ?

That's a cool program. I will be definately downloading it.

i currently have a sony ericsson W580i but I want to upgrade to the Samsung Tocco.

it'll work fine on the sony ericsson but i can't day for sure if it will on the samsung

long_b wrote: »
    hmmm. Sounds good.

And what price is this Cabbage application, Sam, eh, what price ?

one meeeeellion dollars *puts baby finger to lip*

Advertisement