Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fast food/takeaway

• 02-03-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Did we have a thread for business opening up in Carlow or was that post in this thread too?

Anywho... I'm sure a mod will move my post if its in the wrong place.

Florino's (Best Chips EVER!!!) has expanded a bit and now has a really nice seating area.
    I was in there yesterday but it doesn't seem to be in use yet. Looks like they're going to do something similiar to The Golden Grill.

A new Asian take-away has also opened, its at the roundabout that I can never remember the name of, I think its Staplestown Rd Roundabout? Just down from Fast Eddie's at Shamrock Sq.

They too seem to have a seating area for eating in.

Where's that chipper your on about ShayK1? Love to give 'em a try.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

its in that complex opposite to lild on the tullow road if im not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Where's that chipper your on about ShayK1? Love to give 'em a try.

Yeah Florinos is just up across from Lidl's...in behind the garage and beside Millers(????). Between that and Ho's there is no reason to eat anywhere else.:D

From what I can make out the new one he is talking about is beside the post ofice on staplestown road just beside the railway bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Yeah Florinos is just up across from Lidl's...in behind the garage and beside Millers(????). Between that and Ho's there is no reason to eat anywhere else.:D

From what I can make out the new one he is talking about is beside the post ofice on staplestown road just beside the railway bridge.

Thanks guys, definitely gonna give them a try :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Spot on shenanigans1982, thanks

Spot on shenanigans1982, thanks

hey i said where it was first shayk!

• Advertisement

Spot on Aynon. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Between that and Ho's there is no reason to eat anywhere else.

110% agree. Florinios do the best fish and chips in town. No contest.

Have ye tried Shamrock Takeaway yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Have ye tried Shamrock Takeaway yet?

Best Kebab in town!

testicle wrote: »
    Best Kebab in town!

Hell yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

has anyone tried hillbillys,,,got a burger out of it the other day ,,,jaysus i thought is was bad ,,adn the chicken wasnt to good either :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

we seem to have an obsession here in the Carlow forum of talking about chippers etc.

so I said i'd start this thread and to get it started i'm going to move in the posts already from the last week while on chippers etc..

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    has anyone tried hillbillys,,,got a burger out of it the other day ,,,jaysus i thought is was bad ,,adn the chicken wasnt to good either :mad:

Is that just a chicken place?...never knew there was one in Carlow but have eaten in the one in Fairview and found it ok....except for the gravy. Aint as good as KFC though.

Where is the Carlow one?

Is that just a chicken place?...never knew there was one in Carlow but have eaten in the one in Fairview and found it ok....except for the gravy. Aint as good as KFC though.

Where is the Carlow one?

it's mainly chicken but they do some burgers etc in it.
    it's the old billy bunters there, and the gravy is lovely i think in it

patrickc wrote: »
    it's mainly chicken but they do some burgers etc in it.
    it's the old billy bunters there, and the gravy is lovely i think in it

Ok...how long is Billy Bunters gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

lads and lassies ya cant beat the wimpy (golden grill) for one of the best bags of chips in town.... o and the place has not changed in the last 20 years..... apart from new tiles lol o and the christmas drawings on the windows each year that everyone writes there name in with there finger nails

o i am hungry now and want a chicken burger, chips and batter sausage

Ok...how long is Billy Bunters gone?

must be 3 months now..

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Stanzen

I probably going to upset some people here but,

I....LOVE....DOMINO'S.

If I was really hungry I'd stop at Umberto's for a bag of chips as well (I got turned off Rocca's when they gave me a bottle of coke that was 3 month's out of date).

For people looking for the best pizza they ever had (and like hot food) try the sizzler, with sweetcorn instead of pepperoni......unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

god raggin billy bunters is closed :mad:.....haven't been there in years mind you ...... hmmm maybe thats the reason :rolleyes:

Stanzen wrote: »
    I probably going to upset some people here but,

I....LOVE....DOMINO'S.

If I was really hungry I'd stop at Umberto's for a bag of chips as well (I got turned off Rocca's when they gave me a bottle of coke that was 3 month's out of date).

For people looking for the best pizza they ever had (and like hot food) try the sizzler, with sweetcorn instead of pepperoni......unbelievable!

Love the sizzler alright, but starting to enjoy Godfathers belly buster the last while. :)

• Advertisement

must be 3 months now..

I pass there once a week at least and never noticed. Although I only noticed closh was gone about two weeks ago.

Nead21 wrote: »
    god raggin billy bunters is closed :mad:.....haven't been there in years mind you ...... hmmm maybe thats the reason :rolleyes:

Same here, used to always stop in when I got the late bus to Carlow on Friday night and couldn't be ars*d walking to Florino's.

I pass there once a week at least and never noticed. Although I only noticed closh was gone about two weeks ago.

Same here, used to always stop in when I got the late bus to Carlow on Friday night and couldn't be ars*d walking to Florino's.

yeh i often did the same coming home from the bar job i had ...

ah shenanigans theres always specsavers for you;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Love the sizzler alright, but starting to enjoy Godfathers belly buster the last while. :)

+1, Godfathers ftw, jalapeno's, spicy mince, pepperoni....nyom nyom :pac:

florinos pizza CAPRICE without the olives, or mizzonis *nyom*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Umm...how's Fast Eddies these days?

That used to be a place of choice with us years ago, after a nite in the Oaks.

Jeez, I rem when that was a tailors shop...

Umm...how's Fast Eddies these days?

That used to be a place of choice with us years ago, after a nite in the Oaks.

Jeez, I rem when that was a tailors shop...

it was always a chippers to me, his chicken burgers are lovely, but not a big fan of his chips.

i remember staggering home from being out many a time, and going into fast eddies, i used to get a burger and batter sausage and ask for a handful of chips;)

it was always a chippers to me, his chicken burgers are lovely, but not a big fan of his chips.

i remember staggering home from being out many a time, and going into fast eddies, i used to get a burger and batter sausage and ask for a handful of chips;)

Is fast eddies the one up along Dublin st?

Is fast eddies the one up along Dublin st?

thats the roma your thinking of, its just before the traffic lights as you hit town, walking down from mine.

Ah now i know where it is, yea thats goods for chips & batter sausage

• Advertisement

used to love the quater pounder in billy's, but the one that i used to love in billy's is now working in super macs in the four lakes park, couldnt believe it! said the new owners dont know what they were doing and degraded her and got better pay in super macs!!! can you believe it?

Advertisement