Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fast food/takeaway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I think I know the lady you're talking about. Wasn't she also in McDonald's for awhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

are we the unhealtiest county on boards.ie, he amount of takeaway and chipper posts we have. not just this thread but the others considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

as i said we have an obsession with food in Carlow it's great:D

lets do a count of chippers/food places in Carlow

i'll start

take 3 each if you can:pac:

supermacs drive thru, florinos, ho's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I think I know the lady you're talking about. Wasn't she also in McDonald's for awhile?
    thats the one! shes lovely, she usually throws in an extra scoop of chips when she sees me....(she loves me more shay!)

3 takeaways:
    Patrickc-supermacs drive thru, florinos, ho's
    aynon- hillbilly's, dominos, flaming inn

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

stick-dan wrote: »
    are we the unhealtiest county on boards.ie, he amount of takeaway and chipper posts we have. not just this thread but the others considered.

Seriously think ye are! The amount of chippers in town is crazy. There's only a handful of "good" restaurants here - thai, little venice, lautrecs - (I'm not gone on italian connection). I went to Florino's last night after reading this thread, wasn't great lads! Umberto's is by far the nicest so far. What really annoy's me is i can't find a nice chinese!!!

3 takeaways:
    country_gurl - Umberto's, mcdonalds,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Long time customer of the 'Golden Grill', even back to when it was the 'Wimpy' :P, and for some reason I still refer to it as the 'Wimpy' at times!! :confused:. They do a great bag of chips and a lovely bit of fish.......damn I made myself hungry now.

Having said that though, Supermacs do a nice fish/chip box at least the chips are cut from real potatoes! I havent, nor wouldnt go near McDonalds, blaaahh :pac:

ShayK1 - Fast Eddies, Tony's, Rocca's

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

I love this thread, clog the arteries i tell ya!!!:D:D

ShayK1 - Fast Eddies, Tony's, Rocca's
    HugoIrl - Shapla, Godfathers & roma's

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Having recovered from my upset at the closure of the blue chippers in potato market-Umberto's now my favourite town chippers. If it's possible to go county-wide... The chippers in Leighlin and Pit Stop in Tullow (lovliest quarter pounders with raw onions!!!!!)

wicklori wrote: »
    Having recovered from my upset at the closure of the blue chippers in potato market-Umberto's now my favourite town chippers. If it's possible to go county-wide... The chippers in Leighlin and Pit Stop in Tullow (lovliest quarter pounders with raw onions!!!!!)

have to disagree with the pitstop in tullow, but not a big fan of it at all

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    have to disagree with the pitstop in tullow, but not a big fan of it at all

GET HIM!!!

what can i say shay it's just tullow food poor very poor:D

well I won't say what my local alternative is, suffice as to say Grif's quarter pounders have brightened many a hungry evening!!!:D

wicklori wrote: »
    well I won't say what my local alternative is, suffice as to say Grif's quarter pounders have brightened many a hungry evening!!!:D

indeed, good taco fries too.

Aw yer making me hungry now!! The chips with mayo and cheese! Heart attack in a tinfoil tub... BUT SOOOOOOOOOO good!

Advertisement