Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nazi Deutschland WWII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Y'know, I'm all for nice pictures, but when did the photography forum start becoming a dumping ground for links to context and attribution free collections of random kewl pics ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

You mean L31mr0d didn't take these pics himself???

and the fckers are all wearing Knee high Leather boots.....imagine the amount of animals needed for them. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

and the fckers are all wearing Knee high Leather boots.....imagine the amount of animals needed for them. :(

Nah, they're all polyester. Hitler was vegetarian, remember :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm an animal lover and all that hence the fact we have like 12 pets

But that is obviously the last thing that was on their minds at the time...

It's the 1st time I've seen a German General wear a battle tin hat.

Well Darragh I heard Mr Hitler broke a couple of times... ;)
    Someone found out and that was the real reason he killed himself 1st with a gun and then when he was dead he poisoned himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,509 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Y'know, I'm all for nice pictures, but when did the photography forum start becoming a dumping ground for links to context and attribution free collections of random kewl pics ?

Totally agree, those pictures might be of interest to military historians (if they had any captions and/or dates that is) but can't see any relevance to modern photography which is what this forum is all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

There are some absolutly fascinating pics there. The faces of adulation on some of the normal people in the crowd. scarey stuff almost

paulusdu wrote: »
    There are some absolutly fascinating pics there. The faces of adulation on some of the normal people in the crowd. scarey stuff almost
    People have that adulation for Biffo. :)

Well in his own home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I wonder why theirs no HDR shots in there :cool:
    Some interesting photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

No BW shots, therefore no HDR shots :-)
    I like the discussion about the pilots. Well, Galland is unmistakeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Hello they're nazis what did you expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

coylemj wrote: »
    Totally agree, those pictures might be of interest to military historians (if they had any captions and/or dates that is) but can't see any relevance to modern photography which is what this forum is all about.

This is a forum if people find a post interesting they will view and comment therefore keeping in the top posts where more people will see it, if you dont like a post ignore it dont post and it will slide down the rankings and you wont have to deal with it!

I think they are interesting btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Nice set of shots but their aul sensors are manky :)

Say what you like but they loved a good march!!

sheesh wrote: »
    Hello they're nazis what did you expect.
    Hi!
    I expected them to be civil and be an example to future generations on Animal Welfare and keeping the planet green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Ah, then you might be in for a bit of a letdown when you watch Schindler's List...

As long as it's in technicolor I can handle the truth, shirley there has to be a few good men in it be they arrive by airplane! Or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

I'm sure all the readers here have seen this but I'll post it anyway just in case
    Hitler, Nikon and photography,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwf2RShNV0

"There there. I hear he only shoots JPG"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

personally I post links to collections of photos like this because of the power photography can have. In some instances I think it actually has a much greater impact than video because it allows you to take as much time as you need to let the scenes importance sink in.

When I look at these photos I imagine the hope, not fear, in the photographers mind. In hindsight we view these as scary insights into a time we view as horrible and a stain on humanity. But you have to imagine that these photographers would have been sympathizers to the Nazis and believed that what their country was doing was right.

In particular the scenes of joviality and happiness that can be seen in between the portrayals of cavalcades and orchestrated marches would lend evidence to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

paulusdu wrote: »

scarey stuff indeed but at that time not a lot was known about what was _really_ going on in the camps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Hi!
    I expected them to be civil and be an example to future generations on Animal Welfare and keeping the planet green.

You expected the Nazi's to be "civil" ?

WTF?????

• Advertisement
Advertisement