Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback eh?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

maybe lock it then , instead of bitching about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Hellrazer wrote: »

And while other fora

WOOHOOOOOOO correct plural

b+w_rats_dancing_in_a_ring.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

emo!! wrote: »
    maybe lock it then , instead of bitching about it

Ah no need for that tone of voice now.
    The thread is about feedback on how the forum is going--I cant stick the OTB thread,others like it--its an opinion thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

OTB isnt somewhere I go really tbh, the main reason being that I come here to find out about tattoo news, give whatever advice I feel competent to give and find out about any new artist thats worth a look.
    OTB can be a bit mad I have to say, people talking in Lolcatz style etc, not really my thing, but to each their own. With the conversation always running there, kind of like and IRC channel, it can be awkward to get into. Its sort of like going up to a group of strangers in the pub who are mid-conversation and shouting "HI".
    I couldnt really care whether its open or locked as I don't frequent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

a lot of talk here about certain styles being fads, stars and kanji to name two. but everything ever is a fad at some stage be it music, art, comedians, food, vespas, whatever. something has a small dedicated following, it gains popularity and then all of a sudden its slated by the supposed taste makers as being populist commercial rubbish.
    which is kind of ironic when it comes to groups who claim to be open to all and non conformist blah blah etc.
    i know all this cos i'm really cool and i've been into everything two years before the rest of ye. right now i'm rocking the sioux indian in winter look and listening to, wait for it, tapes. they're well overdue a comeback

• Advertisement

Ah no need for that tone of voice now.
    The thread is about feedback on how the forum is going--I cant stick the OTB thread,others like it--its an opinion thats all.
    gald to see your taking into consideration the tone of voices in post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

The way I see it is that OTB has kind of taken over the forum.
    More like the otb forum than Tattoos and Piercings.

Completely agree with this. I post in there occasionally to say hello but it's rare I'd stay for long these days. I find it derails this forum completely. I mean, for a Tattoo and Piercings forum you'd expect more talk about Tattoos and Piercings considering the high amount of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

longshanks wrote: »
    right now i'm rocking the sioux indian in winter look and listening to, wait for it, tapes. they're well overdue a comeback

strangely enough a guy I know has just annnounced that he's going to start a tape distro. what are the odds?

on topic.. I like OTB because it keeps all the crap in one place and makes it easier for me to avoid :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

emo!! wrote: »
    gald to see your taking into consideration the tone of voices in post ;)

Smart arse!!:D

Smart arse!!:D
    why i do try ! :pac:!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

what would happen if OTB was to be locked for a fortnight, and then review the situation?

see how it impacts the rest of the forum.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

TBH I liked the OTB thread. While it did take over a li'l, it actually got me posting in this forum. I guess thats because I was around for the start of it though.

Maybe we should have a newbies question thread? Where people who only want to ask the "where can I get X done?" can go to? Everyone has to start somewhere, and I think locking those threads straight away isn't very helpful to the person who is looking for the info.

E.g. Just say I only moved to Cork, and I'm looking to get a Maori style tattoo, I wouldn't have a notion of where to start looking for info except on a tattoos and piercings forum. I could search through the Piercers and tattooists thread but a lot of the info is donkey's years old and not relevant.

I'm ranting :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I have to say i like this forum very helpful friendly and honest.But like whats been said too many people maybe being too honest.If some one comes here looking for advice it should be given but slagging them of for their personel choice in a tattoo is a no no imo.Like stars and khanji ive both and to me i like them i dont care if anyone else doesnt.Theres no such thing as a completely original tattoo they all take their inspiration from something that has been done beforehand.So just get down from the high horse and if you dont like any styles thats down to you but no need to ram your opinion down everybodys throat your word is not law.Also back sear modding agh bain of my life just report it and stop dragging it off topic.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Any opinion on moving the "best place for piercings in Dublin" thread to the Questions thread or am I being a neat freak?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Would it be worthwhile to have a sticky of regularly recommended / useful links? I would be thinking of something in the same style as the artist gallery thread. Links such as:

www.bmezine.com
    http://www.hanzismatter.com/

and controversially

http://arabictattoo.wordpress.com/
    :pac:

Good idea? Waste of time? Unmanagable? Useful?

Advertisement