Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet..

Options
  • 05-03-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

OK so far today I've had:

Breakfast: Slice of wholemeal toast & Scrambled Egg
    Dinner: Chicken and salad in a wholemeal pitta pocket
    Snack:A large orange

Combined with light exercise if I keep to this sort of eating plan how soon should I see noticable weight loss??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

goose1 wrote: »

Combined with light exercise if I keep to this sort of eating plan how soon should I see noticable weight loss??

You probably won't.
    Your metabolism will slow down and your body will grip onto your bodyfat stores with a vice like grip. :)

Eat around 5 or 6 times a day, swap light exercise (whatever that means?) for a full body resistance training workout 3 days a week and read the stickies for plenty of other decent info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

goose1 wrote: »

Where's your lunch? That must be 800-1000 cals a day, not healthy and will slow your metabolism so you'll not shed fat easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭floggg

eth0_ wrote: »
    Where's your lunch? That must be 800-1000 cals a day, not healthy and will slow your metabolism so you'll not shed fat easily.

i would go further and say its dangerous. I'm also trying to lose weight, but i had more than that by lunch time almost! Thats far too little to be eating, and will lead to all osrts of problems. As said above, you're metabolism will slow, and you won't have any energy to do any sort of exercise. Also, once you switch of that diet (which i imagine would be sooner rather than later, as your body will not be able to function on it), you will quickly add any weight lost back on.

Check the stickies for better info, but you should be looking to have a balanced diet, with 5 - 6 small meals throughout the day, healthy foods and no junk. If you combine this with a mix of cardio and resistance/weight training you will see progress, without any of the negative side effects. Ty to eat foods high in protein, like chicken, fish, nuts. Don't cut out carbs, but try and get them in early in the day, such as at breakfast an lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

eth0_ wrote: »

Been there.
    You lose weight and then it grinds to a halt.
    But it's guranteed when you come off this diet OP, you'll pile on everything you lost and more.

Read the stickies, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Read the Stickies

What you are eating is dangerous. Eat more.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It appears the OP isn't one for listening.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59238764#post59238764

OP, what you're doing is wrong, stop reading girly magazines and start reading about proper nutrition, it's not about eating less, it's about eating BETTER.

What you're doing is totally counter productive to your goals.

Advertisement